Training Partners - Updated

Guest rhapsodical78
Ok,

Seems like a few of us are on the hunt for training partners!!!

Who would be interested in once a month training sessions where we can feed off each other in terms of getting ready for trials. Weekends only - dependant of course on what we have on.....

Only those of us who have an interest in aiming to get to a high quality trialling standard as if we cover 'basic obedience' (without trialling in mind) it may get a little too hard to conform.

If we have a lot of interest I am sure we'll still be able to get it to work.

Any ideas? Or Interest (other than that of myself, Shoey and JulesP!)

Umm... as for the basics of training methods, I think the 3 of us are motivation/ clicker training type trainers???

I'd be interested, though I'm a newbie whom now one here knows. I haven't started trialing but intend to. I'm working through basic obedience right now. I'll watch this thread for times and dates if I'm welcome.

There's a picture of 'the subject' below.

Cheers.

Naomi.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

connor has developed an issue with black dog especially huffy ones he wants to beat them up coz eddie is a bully and picked on him

Pffft who picked on who? lol I bet Ed is still scared of Connor!

I was wonderig if the grounds where Knox train would be good, outside of their training times, it's a public ground isn't it? Sound slike it would be good

Do Knox use their grounds on a Sat Arvo?? That would be ideal. I'm thinking not KCC as they are usually busy on w/ends not to mention it may be further out for some of us. I know really good grounds in box hill, but that is too far out!

I'll check my walkies book when I get home :laugh: All I have is a broad jump, puppy see-saw and some weavers (if I bring a hammer!)

As for starting - how about after easter? A sat arvo. Bring along some nibblies and make it a social affair. We'll just break up into small groups (2-3) and then critique each other..... but first you'll have to outline what you are working on and what you are trying to improve/ where your difficulties are. If anyone has video cameras bring them along, but as to who gets videoed will depend on availability.

Sound good?

Edited by leopuppy04

we.ve trained there heaps of times in the past

I have to buy new pants before i come dog trianing though all mine are falling down and i cant manage food toy clicker and holding up pants rofl

:laugh::laugh: now where's the fun in that?! I wanna see pants falling down :):rofl:

If stuck, you can use my place. 7 ks from Berwick. I have some very dusty, but in good condition, jumps in the garage.

A set time would help, from a personal view, so I can organise my training around the group.

Nah I'm bringing a whip for anyone that feeds anyone elses dogs! lol

I would love to see Stella with a clicker holding up her pants though :laugh:

Knox train Sunday mornings so Sat arvos they won't be there

How about - fast pace heeling with a few about turns thrown in :laugh::)

Excellent - so unless you hear otherwise, knox obedience grounds is the place we'll meet :rofl:.

I was thinking - if anyone wants clicker 'help' or 'complex tricks' help we could also do some as I know that there have been a few questions about that lately???

Can I come? Please! But we have to do some agility for us agility nuts! :laugh:

I have 2 single jumps (soon to be more), mini tunnel, mini see-saw (if I can get it in the car), tire jump, weave poles (again if it fits in the car) and a few big cones (can be used to send dog out around etc.).

I would love to come, but just got a promotion at work, and work afternoon shift on weekends.

If it ends up in the morning, I will come.

Dont pick a footy ground as it all starts soon.

Hmmm.....Box Hill.....only 40 mins away :laugh: Living in the northern suburbs is like living in a dog obedience desert! :) Sucks being the minority!!) :laugh:

Hmmm, I think mid-week might be the go. But we'd need to find somewhere with lights as daylight savings finishes this weekend.

Personally I think Sunday early arvo would be great.... but that's if we can find somewhere to train.