Goodbye Mitchell

Sagittarian

In the early hours of this morning, our beautiful Mitch left us for greener pastures. I believe his beloved daughter Christie was waiting for him.

Mitchell was aged 12 years, 2 months, and 6 days. He lived with us for just over 10 of the those years, coming to us as a young adult. His breeder - Phillip Paton (along with co-breeders Maureen Potter and Julie Ingham) most generously gave Mitchell to us not long after we lost Man of Colours at a young age.

Mitch sired 8 litters, and has many grandkids and greatgrandkids. He was a big ladies man and still checked out his daughter and grandaughter on a daily basis - just in case.

We've been talking about some of the moments that are forever etched in our memories. The first sight of him off the plane from NZ. I fell in love with him straight away. The times he would carefully stalk magpies, only to just miss out on catching one. The way he would sit on the front deck and watch the kids play, then check along the front fence should a car stop. He even once took himself off to the local pub to say hello.

It's going to be a long time before we adjust to not having Mitch. Langley - who is his grandson and has been his best friend - is bewildered. He is very clingy at present and we will spend a lot of time helping him through this.

Thank you to those who have recently offered support and encouragement when I've talked about Mitchell's aging issues. Thank you to Phillip for the precious gift of this lovely boy. And thank you Mitchell for being our constant companion for the last decade.

We love you.

Sags

ohhh sags....so sorry to here about mitch :mad:angel: your post bought tears to my eyes

rest in peace big man :mad

the wagalot gang are thinking of you at this hard time.... :rofl:

sam

Edited by wagalot

We've been overwhelmed by emails and calls and the loving thoughts here. Thank you so much for understanding our loss and helping remember this wonderful dog. The other Saints miss him as much as we do, but each day gets a little easier.

Thanks again.

Sags