Still Eating Poo

Thalion

Ok, she is 5 months and I thought she would have grown out of it by now.

Any ideas?

If I am there, a simple 'leave' will suffice and she wont touch it. Or i pick it up striaght away.

If not it is open slather of eating. She wont touch it after about 10-15 mins though.

I had this problem with a previous rotty I owned (rip Sabre). He got the taste for horse poo, and then proceeded to dig up our whole garden and eat every piece of poo he could find under the plants (we'd used it as potting fertiliser). He only stopped once he'd eaten every last piece of poo! So sorry, I have no idea how to stop your puppy doing this, except to pick his poo up as soon as he does it, or try sprinkling his poo with chilli or pepper, he'll soon lose the taste for it!!

Ive got 3 here that do it, and they are absolutely dynamite on it, to the point where the other dogs cant even finish doing it before one of these has started feasting! we're very quick to pick it up, but sometimes they sneak it in.

If anyone has a solution out there, i'd be very interested to hear it. our old dog does it, at 10, my 2yo bitch and my 9mo bitch. i think they learnt it off him, the other two dont bother thank god.

sorry, that was very helpful, was it?

Jenna

My mum's Cavalier love to eat cat poo! YUK. She's done it all her life. Have just gotten her out of it.

Mum started to sprinkle a bit of pepper on the cat poo, then let her go at it, when she sniffed/tasted the pepper she shook her head and walked away, continued doing this untill she just didn't bother with it anymore.

Of course you have to be there for this to happen, so not to sure if it will help :(