Puppy With No Calming Signals

EmmaJ

Hi All

New puppy seems to have no calming signals. I sneeze and yawn at her and when i do this she growls or barks. She has never rolled into a submissive position either.

How can i get her to be submissive? are there any other calming signals that she may be showing but i am not picking up on?

Em

why do you want your dog to roll into submissive position for you?

If she was taken away early from the litter she may not understand them so is expressing her frustration. That or what you think is a calming signal the dog is taking as something else - remember your face is very different from a dogs.

Bes is a mixed breed. I rescued her from being knocked on the head. She lives with my partner as im not allowed to have her here.

As for using calming signals, i thought i would see what she would do and she didmt respond, hence my origional question. I am thinking that she had not learnt from her mother.

Em

Puppy is about 8 weeks old. have had her 2 weeks but she dosnt live with me. Yea my yawning and sneezing seems to work on others but not this one.

Em

Puppies learn a lot of this between 6-8 weeks of age, taking puppy away from its' mother was a very unfortunate thing to do.