Flyball Tennis Balls

What type of tennis balls do flyballers use?

My dogs will destroy a tennis ball in 2 throws, they don't even play with them, just pure fetching

I need to find super dooper tennis balls

I have seen solid tennis balls too, anyone know where these are available? Do flyballers use these maybe?

If Eddie did flyball the ball would fall apart on the first run lol

Normal tennis balls are used, keep in mind if you do try to find heavier ones they have to bounce a certain height. The only different type used are the little ones which are for all the little dogs.

If they do tend to wreck them, then its probably best to use your own in trials so the team wont run out of balls half way through the day.

Are they chewing them while returning with the ball?

The ones we use for flyball are better quality than the ones you get at the supermarket. I know of someone who approached their local tennis club and asked for their old balls because they survived her dogs attention a little better than the cheap ones.

I should be out and about later in the week so I'll have a look around for one of those solid ones for you (only for play, no good for flyball I don't think, too bouncy). The one I had a Kepala is still going strong.

Have you started flyball training yet?

I think they must be, I really need to wear my glasses when we are doing it :rofl:

There's no other way they'd go through them so fast otherwise

I think I'm gonna start at berwick when they come back from the break, I have started little bits of retrieves and turns and stuff that Kerry told me about to get them a little ready

Edited by shoemonster

There's my staffie cross, a pure bred staffie and an american staffie and we get the slazenger balls (new and from tennis clubs) - It only takes one bite and they're broken. Between the three of them, we have to throw out at least 5 balls after every flyball training session - Now don't get me started on comps!!

Edited by RescueDogsRtheBest

No i'm in a Sydney team. I put it down to they just get so excited..... and it's funny when you catch them in the act - photos of the dogs jumping back over the jumps and the ball completely flat in their mouths :) (Busted!)

Oh are you at Berwick? :rofl: Cool!

It's pretty much my closest flyball club and I know Maverick is there to (Eddie's uncle!)

Yeah we are at Berwick.

Nova runs behind Maverick and loves it, majority of the other dogs hate a massive staffy bearing down on them, but these two play chicken with each other. :)

Clover 'killed' 3 balls at training last night and only had 3 runs ;). I use rubber balls with the BCs for various reasons... maybe Clover should start using them aswell lol.

Does anyone allow their dog to play with tennis balls at home?

Just wondering, because once i started to compete i took all tennis balls away but they have a squeaky one that they are allowed to play with when i give it too them.