Teaching Gait And Stacking

As I've entered some shows next year, (thanks Sway! lol) I need to really get my butt into gear

I started teaching Ed "look" this morning and he is now understanding the difference between look and watch :rofl: and just starting gaiting v's heeling, using my lead arm held out for gaiting

He is also now stacking nicely and letting me hold his muzzle, and move him around without resisting :rofl:

I have been reading some articles on line and some lovely dolers have pm'd me with info too (thankyou!)

I am getting excited now, as he's starting to look like a real dog! :cry:

I dob't really know what the purpose of this post is, I guess it's just that you can tell OH and such and they don't get it! lol

So anyone with advice or remarks or just to tell me I'm silly post away! :cry:

awsome shoey thats great news.. its so rewarding when u finally have a break thu moment and everything just works..lol

hes looking fantastic your doing a great job well done

so when do you want remy over to teach him to stack..hmmmm shall i just hand him over to you and u can show me how its done.. thanks id very much appreciate it...lol :thumbsup:

ok so are we all booked in for tonight.. shoey you are going to be quiet busy..lol ok ill go play with ed and molly and you just do your thing with remy ok...

ohh ok stella u can go first.. but only if u promise to have remy standing properly for me

Oh I recommend using the clicker for everything, the dogs respond so much more quickly to it, but get used to the clicker first, get your timing right

I have heard that bouncing a tennis ball and clicking at the exact moment the ball hits its highest point in the air is the best way to get your timing right, as you need to clikc right at the exact point the dog is giving the correct behaviour

I was clicking Ed last night for giving me nice ears, it was hilarious!

You are most welcome. Everytime I see his photos I just have to say how lovely he is :laugh:

check out his christmas pic int he staffy thread or the dress your dogs up in christmas gear,, he was most ammused..lol..nothing fases him really,, ohh except plastic bags..lol hes scared of them. and the coffee machine he doesnt like that either, think he thinks its going to jump down and eat him..