Waiting Waiting Brigade...

In the mail today I got pamphlets for...

NDTF Cert III Dog Behaviour & Training DISTANCE LEARNING COURSE!!!

YAY!!! :thumbsup:

Now I just gotta find the $$$ to start next year!

Any of the other waiting waiting brigade got their info? & who's thinking of doing it?

-WithEverythingIAm

edit: spelling mistake!

Edited by witheverythingiam

Sorry but what's that got to do with NDTF? Are you trying to convert people over to the other course? Sorry but the waiting waiting brigade has been looking forward to this course for ages, so you won't get any converts here :thumbsup:

-WithEverythingIAm

What has it got to do with NDTF - well they are both places to study dog behaviour, not many places to do that so I thought it actually meant we had something in common that we are both considering studying. I do apologise that I have never heard of a waiting waiting brigade but I don't read every post here. I have met a few people who have done this course and they are quite nice people

I got my letter as well and shot them off an e-mail to ask about the fee as it's not mentioned anywhere.

It probably will be the same as their in house course as you have to go to Melbourne for 2 x 1 week stints.

sorry was resonding to helen i also didnt realise this was restricted to one group

as for converting seeings i actually signed up to do ndtf last year but didnt because travelling was too hard for me i cant see what i would be converting epople to it isnt a them and us both courses have their merit and both are worth looking into which one is better to do is up to the indvidual and their expectations the reason i said we were contacting delta is being in vc and knowing how many hours the ndtf students will be working at ndtf recognised schools i doubt they would have time to volunteer to a club where it wouldnt be recognised toward their cert whereas delta studnets need places to run clases as part of their criteria so why not help someone out wit a place to do that component

does that clear things up

Edited by wheres my rock

Okay - do we want to try to see if the DOL people can try to get into the same dates for the first practical - it would be sooo much fun to be able to meet people from here. And maybe see if we can get the same accommodation?

Anyone know any dog friendly accommodation in Melbourne???

Okay - do we want to try to see if the DOL people can try to get into the same dates for the first practical - it would be sooo much fun to be able to meet people from here. And maybe see if we can get the same accommodation?

You don't need dog friendly accommodation, your dogs can be boarded at the training facility free of charge :laugh:

Thanks - I saw that. I was thinking that if hubby came with me, he might want to spend some time with Stormy while I was at the course.

I'll PM you

You don't need dog friendly accommodation, your dogs can be boarded at the training facility free of charge :laugh:

What's everyone thinking of doing for their electives? I'm still un-decided, but won't be doing "Provide Food & Water For Animals" based on the fact I've already done it!

:D :):rofl:

Is there anyone here who's done the course? I was wondering if someone could tell me the difference between the Core Unit "Conduct Dog Obedience and Agility Training" & the Elective module "Conduct Companion Animal Training Classes"?

Thanks guys!

-WithEverythingIAm

Unit 3 in a nutshell is aimed at the trainer as an individual, while elective 1 is for trainers who want to be instructors as well. Basically it's the difference between training an individual dog and teaching a class :D

Unit 3 in a nutshell is aimed at the trainer as an individual, while elective 1 is for trainers who want to be instructors as well. Basically it's the difference between training an individual dog and teaching a class :)

UH-huh! That explains it then... makes it harder for me to choose now though!

Thanks Haven!

-WithEverythingIAm