Looking For Your Next Obedience Dog?

sas

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge thanks to Vicky for introducing me at the club tonight!

No problems, it was lovely to meet Cobber. He is a great little dog with what looks like a very solid & table temperament. He took the very exciting atmosphere in his stride & showed the right amount of interest. He is built perfectly for agility, let's hope somebody is at home thinking about him right now. I loved meeting Leila too, she is magnificent & so well behaved.

Vicky's dogs are amazing! So bloody fast, focussed & controlled! I think I stood there with my mouth open during their runs!

LOL, thank you. I am very proud of Trim, considering how little training she has had lately, she ran very well last night. She really is my dream dog.

Edited by Vickie

Vicky, I would been extremely intimidated if I ever saw you and Trim line up for a run against me LOL

:thumbsup: Well, one thing about having such a fast dog is that you can't expect to run clean everytime, so I don't think many people are really intimidated. If we go clean, we usually win, but my timing has to be perfect, within 100ths of a second accurate...and if it's not (which is sometimes the case) well you saw it last night, she takes an extra jump on the way. The overall standard in agility in Aust. has increased so much in the last few years, we have plenty of competition right now.

I just found out also...the Christmas party is not next week, it's the week after, so training will be as normal next week :rofl: .

Vicky, I found his drive!

BIRDS lol I was out at the park today, he saw a Magpie and went a million miles an hour for it.......now how to harness that.....perhaps a Magpie on the end of a stick? lol

Vicky, I found his drive!

BIRDS lol I was out at the park today, he saw a Magpie and went a million miles an hour for it.......now how to harness that.....perhaps a Magpie on the end of a stick? lol

LOL, Uh Oh. You are talking to someone who spent 3 months trying to call her dog off birds when he was a pup :laugh: .

I wouldn't worry about his drive, I'm willing to bet he has a heap of it. I'm secretly hoping you hang on to him for a while :) . I'd love to see him start agility in Feb.

GREAT NEWS! Cobber has a new home!

A couple called me this evening from the Sutherland Shire about Cobber and were desperate to meet him, they drove an hour here this evening to see him.

They're perfect, previous Border Collie Owners who know and understand the breed, lead active lives, Cobber will go to work with his Daddy too and his Mummy wants to get involved with doggy sports YAY!

Cobber goes to his new home next week.

Thank you everyone for their help and suggestions. A big thank you to Vicky for showing & introducing us at the Castle Hill Agility club.

This one I really bonded too and burst into tears when I got off the phone to them....just the prospect of him going to a new home sent me sobbing!

That is wonderful sas :laugh:... it is hard not to grow attached to them isn't it?

Goodluck in your new home Cobber... have fun getting to know your new parents.

:rofl:

OOPS, I mean :laugh:

I am happy & sad for you at the same time. I hope they do agility & I get to see how he goes.

Great News!

I'm happy sad.

Got my eye on a wee purebred border collie puppy that would be happy to come into foster care :eek:

Got my eye on a wee purebred border collie puppy that would be happy to come into foster care :D

:rofl: She's hooked!!! :laugh:

Once you really bond to a BC, you always have to have one, you know :eek:

I was going to have boxers...until I got my first BC.