Swollen Girls Bits

bcdogs

Hey all. im new and this is my 1st go at this, so please excuse me if its wrong, or in the wrong place. :)

I have 2 border collies. the oldest is about 18 months. I had her spayed at about 8 months old, and a few months after that, she swelled up and had a slight discharge, like she would if coming into season. i took her to the vets and they said she had some abnormal glands, gave her some pills and all was good.

Now.. Today i looked at her and once again, she is swollen with discharge, as if coming into season again. I am taking her to the vet after work, but want to know if anyone else has experienced this or heard of this happening? :(:laugh:

thanks in advance

sounds like it could be an infection, i agree trying another vet if this one doesnt give u satisfactory answers the second time tround and just sends you home with some pills.. not good enough IMO especially if it has re occured again.. good luck

take her back to the vet that did the surgery, as it sounds like they have left some ovarian tissue behind.

She will most likely need surgery again to do the job properly IF that is the problem.

If that's the case, then I would be requesting that the surgery be done gratas (no charge).