Tick Paralysis Pat Colby

Pepr

Hi Morgan, :D

I agree with your Big Pharma theory totally, when I asked the vet about Vit C or commented on any results they don't want to hear about it. :rofl:

The power of the almightly dollar!!!

I know what you mean - I have asked my vet to give vitamin c immediately after surgery to facilitate recovery from the anaesthetic - large breeds like mine can do a bit of damage to themselves when really groggy. As there is already an intravenous line set up, it is a simple matter of injecting it into this line, without having to touch the dog. Anyone would have thought I had materialised from another planet! :D

But then, my vets have needed a fair bit of education re the different quirks of my different breeds when it comes to reproduction. The shocked looks on their faces when they realise that their attempted dismissal of a "minor" issue almost cost lives - all because they wouldn't believe me :love: You've never seen an operating table set up so quickly! :cheer:

Some vets need to know that there is a very fine line between being reassuring and downright patronising.

:rofl: I work as a vet nurse in a country practice, please if you want to save your beloved pet don't rely on Vitamin C, yes we have heard of it, we don't just dismiss it, yes we have treated dogs with it often for owners who cannot afford antivenene, most of them die, breaking everyones heart. Antivenene administered promptly has a high success rate and some animals do survive regardless, often a slow painfully process with the owners having to do things like express bladders for days or weeks and feed via tube. By all means give Vit C on the way(make sure you have it ready to go, minutes can make a differnce) but don't delay until your pet is too ill to save. In the advent of snake or tick I will be heading for the nearest vet breaking all speed limits.

Hi lindell, :rofl:

Given the difficulty we faced in getting vets to recognise or discuss the Vit C issue at all. What information did your vet use to administer the Vit C e.g.dosage rates, how often?

It would be great if we knew more about how the Vit C should be given & what it actually does.

Hi lindell, :laugh:

Given the difficulty we faced in getting vets to recognise or discuss the Vit C issue at all. What information did your vet use to administer the Vit C e.g.dosage rates, how often?

It would be great if we knew more about how the Vit C should be given & what it actually does.

Thankyou that would be great :(