Puppy Pestering Older Dogs

SALTWOOD

My Dobe pup runs with my very patient older desexed male dog. The older dog really puts up with a lot from the pup and plays with him and is generally very patient. They hang around together and also sleep together but sometimes the pup is just so annoying that the older dog puts the pup in its place either by a quick snap/bite or by standing over him. Of course then the pup screams the place down.

There isn't really any damage done but occasionally I do see some marks.

Anyone else had the same problem and can you tell me how long it takes for the pup to grow out of it, if ever?

Personally I don't know how my older dog is so patient with the young boy - the pup really gets boisterous, running, grabbing, mouthing, chewing on him, etc.

my boy is always disciplining my baby - who is often full of herself!

i usually only get involved if i think he is being too physical with her when she is charging around and literally throwing herslef at him - only coz i worry about her growing joints and too much rough play with a much bigger dog but i know he would never hurt her intentionally but he often holds her by the scruff and 'tells her off!'

i think it would depend on the age gap - mine are 2.5yrs different so my boys still quite young himself.

Make sure if its an older dog - you give them both sometime out seperated so he can have some quiet time too!!

I'm having the same problem. My puppy is always running up and tackling my older dog and playfully nipping at her tail and neck. She plays with him for the most part, but she gets fed up at times and growls and snaps at him and he yelps. It's usually over food though. I'm still trying to find a way to settle them down.. hopefully it will stop when the puppy gets a bit older.

Leila repremands our foster dogs, we have a 6 month in care at the moment and puts him in his place and teaches him manners, she's never hurt him though and I think this is completely acceptable.

She actually teaches them much more than we can in the short amount of time.