Which Flea/tick Prevention Is Better?

I used to use Frontline Plus,but found it is not working on my Yellow Lab, so i switched to Advantage.But it seems it is not really good in the summer. I use Revolution on my GSD pup,as it also cover heartworm.But poor pup starts to scratch now.

So i just wondering what you use for your dog,so i could find the right product for my babies.

Any suggestions is good,thank you! :rainbowbridge:

I find advantix quite expensive as you have to do it every 2 weeks to cover paralysis tick.

Sentinel Spectrum is a tablet given once a month (I do it on the first of the month so I don't forget) and change the collar every 6 weeks (it's supposed to last for 8 but I like to be safe).

Sentinel is around $50 - $60 for 6 months worth and the collars are around $8 each. I buy online from priceless pets & vet shed. I find this the most cost effective way to keep my girl safe.

Permoxin is also another good flea/tick preventative.

Highly Effective Tickicide and Insecticide. In laboratory trials, a single application of PERMOXIN prevents tick attachment for over two weeks and resulted in greater than 98% flea control for 20 days.

It's also good for keeping bitie things (mozzies, flys etc) at bay. That is originally why we first purchased the product - our Boxer was having a problem with mozzies biting his ears!

-WithEverythingIAm

I find advantix quite expensive as you have to do it every 2 weeks to cover paralysis tick.

Sentinel Spectrum is a tablet given once a month (I do it on the first of the month so I don't forget) and change the collar every 6 weeks (it's supposed to last for 8 but I like to be safe).

Sentinel is around $50 - $60 for 6 months worth and the collars are around $8 each. I buy online from priceless pets & vet shed. I find this the most cost effective way to keep my girl safe.

DOes Sentinel cover all worms too? Are you using Sentinel collar too? thank you for telling me the price, making my life so much easier.

We use sentinel spectrum for worming, Advantix for ticks both available from www.pricelesspets.com.au

Yes Advantix is expensive but a trip to the vet if you dog does become affected by a tick is over $400.

$400? thats a lot. if i live in a low risk area,do i need to apply every 2 weeks?

Sentinal covers all worms including heart worms.

I find the Preventix collar really good and I live in a high risk area for paralysis tick.

With Advantix, to cover normal ticks it is every 4 weeks but HAS to be every 2 weeks for paralysis ticks. So if you don't, you aren't covered.

Sentinal covers all worms including heart worms.

I find the Preventix collar really good and I live in a high risk area for paralysis tick.

With Advantix, to cover normal ticks it is every 4 weeks but HAS to be every 2 weeks for paralysis ticks. So if you don't, you aren't covered.

i see. My lab has yearly heart worm injection,is it ok for her to take Sentinel? Where can i find Preventix collar,any pet shop?And how much is it normally? It's not avaliable on www.pricelesspets.com.au. But i ordered Advantix and Sentinel Specturm already. Thank you so much. :thumbsup:

I'd check with your vet labdevotee - some ingrediants can react badly if they are doubled etc so I would never advise on meds I do not know about. My vet gave the goahead for my program before I started it and I wouldn't change/add anything to it until I got another opinion.

The collar you can get from http://www.vetshed.com.au

I shall do that.Last time when i asked my vet,he said is ok,but doesnt really need to. I will check with him again.