I Really Need Help,plz!

Hello,everyone. I am new to here,but after i read so many threads,i decided to join in.

Start with some introduction here, my first language is not English,so correct me if i say anything wrong.

I have a 4 yrs old yellow Lab, a 8mths old GSD and a DMH tabby cat. My questions are as following:

1. Where can i find "EaglePack" or "Nutro" in sydney? well, i live in inner west area,dont mind a bit of travelling.

2. If i feed my dogs with yoghurt,what kind of yoghurt i should choose?

3. I feed my dogs with some vegetables, like carrot,corn,cucumber etc,is it ok? It seems like they both cant digest carrot and corn, should i blend them?

4. What knid of bones i should feed them,as my lab cant have chicken neck,chicken wings etc, she will vomit after she had it.

5. What else i should feed them?

Thank you so much for taking your time. :)

Hello,everyone. I am new to here,but after i read so many threads,i decided to join in.

Start with some introduction here, my first language is not English,so correct me if i say anything wrong.

I have a 4 yrs old yellow Lab, a 8mths old GSD and a DMH tabby cat. My questions are as following:

1. Where can i find "EaglePack" or "Nutro" in sydney? well, i live in inner west area,dont mind a bit of travelling.

2. If i feed my dogs with yoghurt,what kind of yoghurt i should choose?

3. I feed my dogs with some vegetables, like carrot,corn,cucumber etc,is it ok? It seems like they both cant digest carrot and corn, should i blend them?

4. What knid of bones i should feed them,as my lab cant have chicken neck,chicken wings etc, she will vomit after she had it.

5. What else i should feed them?

Thank you so much for taking your time. :)

Sorry but I can't help you with the EP/Nutro question as I don't live in Sydney :D

Feed a natural yoghurt like Jalna, don't feed the dessert yoghurts as they contain a lot of sugar.

Yes you can blend the vegetables, but I wouldn't feed corn as it's actually a cereal, also cucumber is mainly water and low in nutritional value so I wouldn't bother with that either. Try some leafy green vegetables with the carrot and maybe a little broccoli.

Try feeding your dog some beef brisket bones, they're also excellent for their teeth.

I base my dog's evening meal on Eagle Pack dry food and human grade beef mince to which I add occasionally canned sardines/salmon/mackerel, raw egg and a little cooked liver (not all at once of course). They also get anything left over from our meals although we never leave much. I feed twice daily and they get chicken wings/frames/necks/lamb flap for their morning meal, but as your dog can't tolerate chicken, maybe give her a couple of brisket bones instead.

I hope this helps :)

Give it a sec its still early hehe Welcome to DOL!

What are you currently feeding your dogs? How often do you feed them?

You say your lab cannot eat bones as she vomits them up, does she chew or just swallow, and how long after does she vomit. What can she actually eat?

A few more details and we can steer you in the right direction! :)

:)Sorry but I can't help you with the EP/Nutro question as I don't live in Sydney :D

Feed a natural yoghurt like Jalna, don't feed the dessert yoghurts as they contain a lot of sugar.

Yes you can blend the vegetables, but I wouldn't feed corn as it's actually a cereal, also cucumber is mainly water and low in nutritional value so I wouldn't bother with that either. Try some leafy green vegetables with the carrot and maybe a little broccoli.

Try feeding your dog some beef brisket bones, they're also excellent for their teeth.

I base my dog's evening meal on Eagle Pack dry food and human grade beef mince to which I add occasionally canned sardines/salmon/mackerel, raw egg and a little cooked liver (not all at once of course). They also get anything left over from our meals although we never leave much. I feed twice daily and they get chicken wings/frames/necks/lamb flap for their morning meal, but as your dog can't tolerate chicken, maybe give her a couple of brisket bones instead.

I hope this helps :)

Thank you so much. i didnt know this much until now,really really helpful. is hunman grade pork mince ok,or beef is better?

with the cooked liver,what kind of liver?

Thank you so much!!!

I wouldn't feed pork as it can be too rich for some dogs, I prefer beef personally. I use lamb's liver, but I always make sure that it's well cooked and I only feed a little a couple of times a week with the main meal. Too much offal can cause loose bowel motions so it's best to feed it in small amounts mixed in with something else.

Give it a sec its still early hehe Welcome to DOL!

What are you currently feeding your dogs? How often do you feed them?

You say your lab cannot eat bones as she vomits them up, does she chew or just swallow, and how long after does she vomit. What can she actually eat?

A few more details and we can steer you in the right direction! :)

sorry,as i wake up early everyday.

I feed my lab with Supercoat special for sensitive stomach. 2 feeds a day,1 cup each time.with some human grade pork mince.She tried science diet which is a bizzard.

I feed my GDS with Advance large breed puppy(his breeder recommeded it), 2 feeds a day,2 cups+pork mince each time. But i dont think is doing really well,as he poo alot and very smelly. Every time i do the poo cleaning,it just a nightmare.

As you mentioned,yes,my lab doesnt chew,she swallows the bone,what can i do? she vomit after several hours,sometimes after a day. Thank you so much!!!!!!

I wouldn't feed pork as it can be too rich for some dogs, I prefer beef personally. I use lamb's liver, but I always make sure that it's well cooked and I only feed a little a couple of times a week with the main meal. Too much offal can cause loose bowel motions so it's best to feed it in small amounts mixed in with something else.

i see. i'll swtich to beef mince then. if i feed them eagle pack, how long will one bag last? which one will be good to start with?

thanks!! :)

I feed my dogs on a raw, whole foods diet. I avoid pork (stomach upsets), and I avoid minced meats b/c I see no value in feeding them.

I choose raw bones that have plenty of meat ranging from chicken, roo, beef, lamb and rabbit. I choose bones that can't be swallowed whole by the dog eating them, so no chicken necks for my large breed (greyhound).

I choose raw offal, usually liver, heart, and kidney from beef, chicken, and lamb. I feed raw, pulverised vegetables and fruits from as wide a range as possible but I avoid corn b/c it causes upsets in some dogs.

My foster dogs are fed on the premium kibble Nutrience, the variety depends on the age and size of dog. My current foster Piper is on the small breed adult formula - about once a week she gets a raw meal instead.

Each dog is different - what works for one may not work for another. It's basically trial-and-error, and if something's not working, speak to your vet...also important to note that sometimes it takes a while for a dog to adjust to a new food so allow at least two weeks before changing again.

HTH. :)

:)

I feed my dogs on a raw, whole foods diet. I avoid pork (stomach upsets), and I avoid minced meats b/c I see no value in feeding them.

I choose raw bones that have plenty of meat ranging from chicken, roo, beef, lamb and rabbit. I choose bones that can't be swallowed whole by the dog eating them, so no chicken necks for my large breed (greyhound).

I choose raw offal, usually liver, heart, and kidney from beef, chicken, and lamb. I feed raw, pulverised vegetables and fruits from as wide a range as possible but I avoid corn b/c it causes upsets in some dogs.

My foster dogs are fed on the premium kibble Nutrience, the variety depends on the age and size of dog. My current foster Piper is on the small breed adult formula - about once a week she gets a raw meal instead.

Each dog is different - what works for one may not work for another. It's basically trial-and-error, and if something's not working, speak to your vet...also important to note that sometimes it takes a while for a dog to adjust to a new food so allow at least two weeks before changing again.

HTH. :D

Thank you so much!!! now i learned corn and pork is a no no.i'm thinking about change them to Eagle pack or Nutro or Royal canin. :)

Eaglepack contains ground yellow corn and corn germ meal, am not sure about Royal Canin as their website is undergoing changes, Nutro does NOT use corn :)

I don't think the EP Holistic range has corn in it Hesapandabear, I don't have a bag handy to check, but I'm pretty sure that corn isn't one of the ingredients :D

does your dog by any chance just gulp down all the chicken bones??? thats usually the case when my dogs used to throw up.

We have a great little pet shop in villawood, they sell marrow bones, kangaroo meat, and best of all this raw chicken roll (basically a whole chicken put through a mincer so easily digested)

Be a little careful feeding your dog raw liver if your lab has a sensitive stomach, as we have a maltese that gets the runs when we feed it to her raw, but cooking it seems to be fine on her stomach.

But try a little a time to see if it affects their stomachs.

Eaglepack contains ground yellow corn and corn germ meal, am not sure about Royal Canin as their website is undergoing changes, Nutro does NOT use corn :cry:

i checked the US version site, the "labrador" 30 formula contain corn gluten,is it bad too? :rainbowbridge:

Eaglepack contains ground yellow corn and corn germ meal, am not sure about Royal Canin as their website is undergoing changes, Nutro does NOT use corn :rainbowbridge:

I don't think the EP Holistic range has corn in it Hesapandabear, I don't have a bag handy to check, but I'm pretty sure that corn isn't one of the ingredients :cry:

The Holistic range doesnt have corn,but the Natural formula has yellow corn ground. Thank you,Miranda. :cry:

does your dog by any chance just gulp down all the chicken bones??? thats usually the case when my dogs used to throw up.

We have a great little pet shop in villawood, they sell marrow bones, kangaroo meat, and best of all this raw chicken roll (basically a whole chicken put through a mincer so easily digested)

My lab can swallow the whole chicken neck,i think maybe thats the reason she throw up.

I shall go to this pet shop and get some raw chicken roll,it sounds great.Where about is the pet shop?Thank you

Be a little careful feeding your dog raw liver if your lab has a sensitive stomach, as we have a maltese that gets the runs when we feed it to her raw, but cooking it seems to be fine on her stomach.

But try a little a time to see if it affects their stomachs.

OK, i will cook them 1st. Maybe starts with small amount. Thank you for reminding me.