Australian Schutzhund Champiionships

The Aussi championships were held in Cranbourne this year and I stopped in for a sticky ion between moving house :) It was a great excuse for a break!! Anyway didn't get stacks of pictures but here are some of the ones I took. The guy with the Shepherd is from the Broadmeadows club and ended up winning it (I think!) So if anyone knows who it is please post his name here! Now I shall wander off and sigh in utter disgust that I can't even get my dogs to sit for more than 3 seconds....................... :laugh:

post-11947-1159870312_thumb.jpg

post-11947-1159870329_thumb.jpg

post-11947-1159870344_thumb.jpg

post-11947-1159870360_thumb.jpg

post-11947-1159870377_thumb.jpg

Hi Myska,

I had a look at the Sch video and saw the other videos listed and saw the black lab with the retrieve in the water.

In the Sch video, is the Mal healing with handler after the bark at the victim supposed to be keen and eager? To me the dog looks scared of the handler? :)

Tell me, is that a PRONG COLLAR the Lab is wearing????? :p

Julie

Hi Myska,

Sorry girl, I am a bit confused....."a blonde moment perhaps" :laugh:

I am not very familiar with YouTube and I had a look at your video and then clicked on the black lab that appeared on the same page. I thought you may have seen it, when I had another look after your post I realised it was nothing to do with you.

BUT, have a look anyway and I would be interested if you think it is wearing a prong. It's a black lab retrieving a dummy from a bed of water.

Regarding the Mal and healing, yes you are probably right with your perception of eagerness, I had another look at it also.

Going to have a strong drink now.... :rofl:

Cheers,

Julie

You should not allow a dog to wear ANY collar in the water let alone a prong.

We don't allow out dogs to wear anything when they are searching a disaster site because of the risk of catching on reo or similar.

The dog swimming in the water with a collar can get it snagged on anything.

That's just MHO....and the opinion of a lot of working dog people.

Sch is a set of the same type of excercises, the bite work is only one part, the others are obiedicne and tracking.

The bite work is pretty much the same every time for the dog the dog is to bite the sleave the "tents" are simmilar the way the decoy runs etc.

True personal protection gets the dog to bite the human not the protective sleave.

Id say a well trained sch dog is extremly reliable and pretty much a dream for most pet owners.