SALTWOOD

Maybe the last ones. :)

Cheese and Garlic Bites

1 cup wholewheat flour

1 cup grated cheese

1 tablespoon garlic powder

1 tablespoon melted butter

1/2 cup milk

Mix flour and cheese together. Add garlic powder and melted butter. Slowly add milk till you form a stiff dough. You may not need all of the milk. Knead on floured board for a few minutes. Roll out to 5mm thickness. Cut into shapes and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 180 degrees oven for 15 minutes. Let cool in oven with the door slightly open until cold and firm.

Apple Treats

2 1/2 cups wholewheat flour

1/2 cup cornmeal

1 apple -- chopped or grated

1 egg -- beaten

1/3 cup vegetable oil

1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed

3/8 cup water

Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with vegetable oil spray. Lightly dust work surface with flour. Blend flour and cornmealin a large mixing bowl. Add apple, egg, oil, brown sugar and water; mix until well blended.

On floured surface, roll dough out to required thickness. Cut into desired shape and size. Place treats on prepared sheet.

Bake in preheated oven 35 to 40 minutes. Turn off oven. Leave door closed 1 hour to crisp treats. Remove treats from oven.

Store baked treats in airtight container or plastic bag and place in refrigerator or freezer.

Peanut Butter and Banana Biscuits

1 Egg

1/3 Cup Peanut Butter

1/2 Cup Mashed banana

1 Tblespn Honey

1/2 Cup Wheat Germ

1 Cup Wholewheat flour

1 Egg white

In medium bowl hand mix Egg, Peanut butter, Honey and Banana together till well incorporated. Then add dry ingredients mix well and turn onto well floured counter and roll to desired thickness and cut desired shape. Brush tops with the egg white if desired, it will give a glossy look to the tops.

Pre-heat oven to 150 and cook for 20 then check for doneness. Cook for another 5-10 minutes if needed. If cookies are small then check after 15 minutes

Edited by Norskgra

This is great - I have just come home from a dog show and behold - all these fantastic recipes!!

Lost me a bit with the sardines (I am thinking of them in my pocket) but I will try making them all.

I suppose with the meat balls I could keep them in the freezer and get them out a few at a time!

Thanks guys :)

This is great - I have just come home from a dog show and behold - all these fantastic recipes!!

Lost me a bit with the sardines (I am thinking of them in my pocket) but I will try making them all.

I suppose with the meat balls I could keep them in the freezer and get them out a few at a time!

Thanks guys :)

The sardines in the liver bread doesn't make them soggy. I cook it and let it dry out. I keep the treats in my pockets and they don't make the pockets or my hands greasy at all. I keep the meatballs and the liver bread in the freezer in small glad bags and just take a bag out when I need it.

Actually. none of the recipes make my pockets greasy. That is why I like them.