Qld State Canine Disc Championships

post-7898-1157343866_thumb.jpgThis is a Championship Competition for owners who want to play Frisbee with their dog.

Intending Competitors are asked to contact the BARK Events Manager, Damian Noud, to coordinate their free entry into the Festival and ease of access to a special parking area and competition field. Dogs are not allowed into the Festival, except for the dogs competing. [email protected] or ph 5495 6700 mob 0400359377.

Sunday 10th September

Spring Festival

Cleveland Showgrounds

Cleveland

Registration 9.00am

Competitor Meeting 9.45am

Competition Start 10.00am

Concludes 12.00pm

$5 per team to compete

Would love to go, Pippi loves playing Frisbee, but QLD is a bit too far. As fas as I know we don't have these comps in Vic unfortunately. Hope you all have a great time.

Pippi,

maybe we should start the Victorian branch got 4 frisbee fanatics in my camp.

ML what do you think about us Mexicans starting a team up?

Contact one of our gurus (Karen or Damian Noud) and discuss it with them. They singled-handedly brought the sport to Australia from the US. They run the Australian Canine Disc Association which would be who your club would be affiliated with if that's what you wanted to do.

You'd probably need to get a couple of people to come up, get trained and accredited as judges/instructors.

ACDA

The more competition the better! :)

Would love to go, Pippi loves playing Frisbee, but QLD is a bit too far. As fas as I know we don't have these comps in Vic unfortunately. Hope you all have a great time.

Pippi,

maybe we should start the Victorian branch got 4 frisbee fanatics in my camp.

ML what do you think about us Mexicans starting a team up?

Hey lets go for it - if the VFL can create the AFL, we could give this a go and have a national comp. Besides, I could do with a trip to QLD.

ML how many teams do you have, or does everyone compete individually?

Hey lets go for it - if the VFL can create the AFL, we could give this a go and have a national comp. Besides, I could do with a trip to QLD.

ML how many teams do you have, or does everyone compete individually?

Okay who else in Vic is interested.....let's get some numbers.

A "team" is a handler and a dog, just like agility or obedience. Our club (again, just like an obedience club) has around 40 members and their dogs. Our first comp for this year had 14 novice and 6 open teams. Our biggest comp so far had 31 novice teams, 4 open and 3 pro.

We also hold the ONLY southern hemisphere event as part of the UFO World Cup series. There are people overseas who would love to come and compete (as they do around the world each year) if there were the numbers to make it worthwhile (and if our quarantine laws were a little different) We are at the bottom of this page.....but I digress. :)

In the US and Japan canine disc is HUGE. There are comps every weekend and people travel all over the country to attend them all. There's no reason canine frisbee can't be as big as flyball or any other doggy sport here. It's just taking some time since it's relatively new.

I'm hoping to get video footage of this weekends competition and if you're interested I can probably do you a copy to show you what goes on at a competition. Apart from the 4 competitions run per year, there are also 6 training days and even some seminars now we are gettings members to the higher level (which involves a doggy dancing - canine disc mix of tricks and elements to music).

Edited by molasseslass

Contact one of our gurus (Karen or Damian Noud) and discuss it with them. They singled-handedly brought the sport to Australia from the US. They run the Australian Canine Disc Association which would be who your club would be affiliated with if that's what you wanted to do.

You'd probably need to get a couple of people to come up, get trained and accredited as judges/instructors.

The more competition the better! :)

ML .....email sent this could be the start of something great.