Flyball Comp - Saturday 5th August, Albury/wodonga

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't be going to Geelong one as I am doing an obedience trial with Moses which is restricted to gun dogs, they only have a couple a year. Don't you hate when you can't be in two places at once. LOL When you have a choice and you pick one and wish you had picked the other. Would have loved to see Nova run. Berwicks token toller.

Oh, what a great day!

I've never been to flyball b4, but it was sooo cool! There was sooo much energy in the air from all the excited dogs and their owners!

We took Nate with us, who i think was a bit intimidated by all the barking and carry-on, but he was really well behaved and sat with us and watched from the grandstand.

If his little legs could get over the jumps i think he'd be really good at it. he loves balls, and he loves running around like a mad hatter. so if i can refine his recall, he may have potential. anyway...

we only stayed for about an hour, so i don't have results, but it was great fun! i wish i could've stayed longer!

Hastings Came last in Division 5, Croydon Scientists won their division and the trophy for the highest number of clean runs, which I think is an excellent idea. Cannot remember the rest of the results.

Big thanx to Western Weiners for helping us with ball shagging and stats.

I was exhausted after trying to run two dogs in the same team at the same time, one of our dogs in the team didn't like to run without running around jumps. Which was a shame as it was a fast dog.

Moses got a new personal best he ran 5.09. He didn't stuff up all day which was great. Our team ran any time from 27 seconds to 33 seconds!!! That was with a clean run. Thank goodness for the new point system, or we would have come home without a single point under the old system.

I camped out and their was ice on my tent in the morning. Not frost, ICE!!!! plus ice on our cars. My sleeping bag kept me warm.

Hints for keeping warm in 0 degrees in a tent. Have a shower before bed, and zip up your sleeping bag to the top, have a least 2 dogs in the tent with you. Remember to bring your towel, using your jeans as towel doesn't quite make it. LOL

The venue was fantastic it was a horse arena, and plenty of room, and we didn't have to set up marques, and we didn't have the public coming in and annoying the dogs, it was barried off.

Saw some fantastic dogs running. Canberra X Factor had this lovely slimline labrador (yellow) who ran really smoothly and did a great box turn, looked fantastic, as did Jade from Berwick (who also does a fantastic turn). Jade is a rescue dog, and Nicole has done a fantastic job with her.

Guest Clover

Wow what a weekend, we only got home about an hour ago. We wandered around Albury and went home via Glenrowen & Seymoure (Spelling?).

The Western Weiners ended up coming 3rd in Div 1 which was pretty darn good, racing was so close at times... which was great. Who'd of thought my red dog would be running in Div 1. And Elvis ran fear/ freak out free all day :rolleyes:, that was a first for 7 months. I am proud of my little man. The dogs slept very well last night.

Thanks to Hastings for taking stats for us much appreciated ;). Photos to come later.

Hi to all the people I met serving food!!! We had a great day but are still completely knackered!!!

The biggest disappointment for us was not getting to watch much of it, but I really enjoyed watching XFactor's Division 1 team. Wish I knew who some of you were when I was serving you - should have had DOLer badges on or something ;) .

And it was pretty cold yesterday morning in Albury but didn't it turn out to be a beautiful day??? :rolleyes:

Trish

Forgot to mention - a very big big big thank you to all the winning teams who donated their food prizes to us. It is very much appreciated and will be put to very good use - we currently have 14 pups under 6 months in care so for it to be puppy food was a godsend!

Edited by Trisven13

YAY!!! Elvis got his mojo back !!! congrats to him & Rhi ;)) lol bodie was all over me today like a rash!! i think he knew i ripped him off for a comp hehe last comp b4 baby will be geelong then a break until november .. maybe, im like Emma with withdrawals, let alone bodies withdrawals hehe

Had a great weekend and got chilly camping out. The covered arena was pretty good and jack ran a personal best time of 4.799. he usually runs about 5.3 sec so I was very pleased.

Met a few DOLers and came home with a few extra pups that are going to live with Rozzie in Mudgee.

It was a good fun comp and we'll be back next year.

Jo

Hi to all the people I met serving food!!! We had a great day .....

So did we all, and your coffees and lunches were life-savers. Wish I'd got a photo of your group, didn't get out the door with a camera. Here are some of the Albury group indoors again, this was a bit out of place in the lure-coursing thread (just relevant to the photos chat there). Frodo was on his best behaviour for once and finally made his FDCh on the day. Thanks again for the good event, we'll be back next year.

DSC_3408.jpg

Edited by PossumCorner

.... any photos of xfactor running? .....

Hi Periau, probably nothing okay if they not on our website by now. Let's know colour of your uniform, describe the dogs in the team and I'll look at them again after work tonight. If we have any they will only be good for small prints, not sharp enough for larger prints (unless you call it an artistic motion blur for a speed effect: not the intention though). Anyway let's know which dogs and I'll get back to you tonight.

The funniest thing I saw on the day was this chocolate lab I think it came from Ballarat. It went to the flyball box, took the ball out and then noticed that another ball had been left behind. So it spits the first ball to get the second ball, then it wanted the first ball back. Then it tried to get both of the balls into its mouth but they wouldn't fit. Then it went back to getting one ball, then it changed its mind and tried the two balls, then it finally got one ball and ran over the jumps with it.

In flyball if a dog gets a ball it has to be the one out of the flyball box. In the end the judge couldn't decide which ball it had. LOL

.... any photos of xfactor running? .....

Hi Periau, probably nothing okay if they not on our website by now. Let's know colour of your uniform, describe the dogs in the team and I'll look at them again after work tonight. If we have any they will only be good for small prints, not sharp enough for larger prints (unless you call it an artistic motion blur for a speed effect: not the intention though). Anyway let's know which dogs and I'll get back to you tonight.

Ok our shirts were Green with white sleeves- but most of us had jackets or jumpers on- which were dark green, and i think most of us had baseball caps on too which were dk green. one team had, a black lab x kelpie, choc and white border, JRT, and a red cattle dog, the other had 2 lab x borders ( mine) a small yellow labrador, a black GSD X and a b/w border.

:rolleyes: