K9 Training In Drive Workshop

Hi everyone,

Steve from K9 Force has agreed to come to Gympie, Qld to do a training in drive workshop on 23 & 24 of Sept, 2006. We have already filled 11 places out of a possible 30 for the weekend and judging by his popularity, the remaining places will fill fast. Please PM me if you are interested in coming, include email addy so that I can send back info.

What is drive training for? Would it improve my dogs Obedience? I was thinking of starting Obedience lessons again (my dog has his Obed Nov S/S Cert, but that's as far as we got - he doesn't like to focus on me). Was also thinking of starting Agility Lessons later in the year. Would this be OK for this dog?

-WithEverythingIAm

Absolutely!

See the pinned Triangle of Temptation at the top and read some of the posts about drive. If I were starting again with another dog...this is absolutely how I'd start!

My initial education on training in drive started with reading Kevin Behans book Natural Dog Training. K9 gives specific exercises and lots of followup. Will be well and truly worth your time and investment!

• 2 weeks later...

A good idea for those who are volunteer instructors who would like to come along...Gympie Dog Obedience Club has agreed to subsidise the cost of its instructors to attend the workshop. A little by way of instructor training and developement and also to give something back to the people that help make the club possible.

Perhaps your club would do the same for you?

Rom - you might want to ask the mods to combine your two threads on this topic...i didn't see this one till just now and so emailed Steve earlier today. And didn't realise part of what i was asking was listed here...

12th Jul 2006 - 11:20 AM Post #1

Forum Regular

Member No.: 10,344

Warn: (0%)

Seems that I, in my sometimes ditzy way, have been a little unclear about the details of the workshop in Gympie.

K9 will be here for 2 days running 2 workshops. As he limits class sizes to 15 and needed around 30 attendees to make coming up here worth while, each workshop is basically the same thing repeated on the second day. You only need to attend one day...either 23rd or 24th of Sept....more than welcome to attend both days if you want to or if you just can't get enough of Steve, but its not necessary.

Also for those that want to stay overnight, Twin Lakes Village is dog friendly and have 2 bedroom cabins for about $70 per night if I remember correctly. So there is the opportunity to organise shared accomodation if its needed. They are fully fenced except the driveway opening at the front and have a large grassy area that the dogs can have a run in. I think it will be school holiday time at the time of the workshop so will probably be a good idea to book ahead...contact no:54825433

--------------------

Rom

Lover of dogs and learning esp. anything about dogs.

Reluctant obedience and agility instructor.

Always keep your cup of knowledge half full because if it is full you can learn no more.

Full Edit

Quick Edit KitKat 12th Jul 2006 - 05:52 PM Post #2

Lunatic

Member No.: 2,157

I'm happy to put in a tentative interest in both days...but i need to know which weekend (definitely the 23/24?) and where (eg in Gympie...or somewhere near Gympie) before making the final decision..

--------------------

Be Constructive - Not Destructive!!!

Harm - RottxLab, Rest easy my friend

Bronx - Black & Gold GSD

Sabre - Black GSD pup

The best food for your dog is the food your dog does best on! Packaged or Unpackaged!!!

Full Edit

Quick Edit

Hesapandabear 12th Jul 2006 - 06:03 PM Post #3

Breeder, Groomer, MDBA Member, P.I.A.A. Member

Member No.: 8,234

23/24 of what month?.

Full Edit

Quick Edit

KitKat 12th Jul 2006 - 06:26 PM Post #4

Lunatic

Member No.: 2,157

I believe it will be in September?

--------------------

Be Constructive - Not Destructive!!!

Harm - RottxLab, Rest easy my friend

Bronx - Black & Gold GSD

Sabre - Black GSD pup

The best food for your dog is the food your dog does best on! Packaged or Unpackaged!!!

Full Edit

Quick Edit

Rom 12th Jul 2006 - 10:33 PM Post #5

Forum Regular

Member No.: 10,344

Warn: (0%)

Yup, September

--------------------

Rom

Lover of dogs and learning esp. anything about dogs.

Reluctant obedience and agility instructor.

Always keep your cup of knowledge half full because if it is full you can learn no more.

Full Edit

Quick Edit « Next Oldest · Training / Obedience / Dog Sports · Next Newest »

There you go KitKat. Did it myself....good old copy and paste!

Now.....just to confuse the issue even more....Steve has contacted me to say that if you want to attend both days of the workshop then thats good because even though the basic format for the workshops for each day is the same, the direction that the workshops take is highly question driven so no 2 are the same. But you now pay for 2 days instead of the price quoted for one.