Buying Training Stuff From Overseas..

I've recently discovered the Leerburg website...and i want to buy so much from it!!!!! Gear and DVD's... :thumbsup: Can't half tell i'm a shop-a-holic huh? but anyway...seriously...

Has anyone bought anything from their website? and if you don't mind sharing what did you think of the items you bought (quality/value for money etc)? and again if you don't mind...what was the postage costs?

Currently it's only postage that's got me weighing up buying stuff or not...and i'm still narrowing down the list of things i want :) ;) :D

If i was to put in an order is there any Brisbanites who'd be interested in ordering at the same time and we combine postage?

Oh...and for any who don't know the website is here if it worked :cheer:

Thanks all ;)

Edited by KitKat

I've ordered a sleeve from them before ... customs hacked open the box and shredded my invoice in the process :thumbsup:

havnt seen anything else from them but they are reliable and easily contactable. Got a catalogue around here somewhere ...

Hehehe...i've just ordered a catalogue...so i 'll be waiting for that before i do anything...i have however narrowed my want list down to about $300 AU plus postage :thumbsup:

This vest/coat even has a special pocket ... positioned for quick easy access.

hey hey hey me and my out of context ROFL

yeah I want to order a couple of leather harnesses for the Dogue and Mal, cheap but strong enough for the heavier breeds. I want to get some tug toy sets too, they have fire hose material ones that lok strong enough to handle a good chewing.

mmm theyre ok but I dont like agitation harnesses that dont have a triangular chest plate like fordogtrainers.com... I like the idea of a full padded area, especially for a thinner dog like my Mal. Plus theyre only like AU$50 each for a nice leater one which is DIRT CHEAP!!!

maxed out thats credit card yet KK?

Ok...probably going to be making my order in the next few days, will be thru 'fordogtrainers' :mad So Brisbanites let me know asap! (can meet up at some shows, lure coursing etc)

Nekhbet - I'd order that stuff for you, but with the way things are heading at the moment not sure how quickly, after receiving the stuff, i'd have a chance to post your gear off to you etc (work hours are much the same as AusPost..lol). But the postage seems quite reasonable...the postage for my stuff seems to be coming to $15US so...But if you're not worried about the extra postage to get it to you, and that it might take a week or two to get from me to Auspost to you...then let me know...lol

Remember guys, not to spend too much at once, otherwise TAX may be applicable.

Does any know the most RECENT allowable importation, without incurring charges? Many just go through, but from time to time I hear of holdups as our Government checks the articles.

Oooo....good point!!!! Will try and find out... would that come under Import Tax?

ETA - Seems like it will be taxed if over $1,000 worth... from here I'm assuming i'm reading that right! :mad

Imported goods with a value of A$1000 or less

Imported goods arriving by post will be released duty and tax free by Customs for delivery direct to the addressee

except for tobacco, tobacco products and alcoholic beverages (refer to example 2) or goods subject to import permit requirements

in these cases, you will be contacted and notified of the action you must take.

Edited by KitKat

I can vouch for the leerburg items. i have bought a number of things from them after trying to get similar in oz and couldnt find the items or they were way more expensive here. i got their 2 inch agitation collar the agitation harness and several leads. The quality is excellent and i have a number of their dvds too. the service with them was also fantastic, great people to deal with. :mad

Well...i have made my order :) Just got to wait impaitently for it to arrive so i can play with it all :eek:

Chell...which DVD's do you have? and did you find them worth the money? eg...info made sense, was helpful etc etc etc - I am considering ordering one or two...but it's a lot of money for a DVD etc..

Hi KitKat, my dvd's include, training drive, focus and grip, raising a working pup, bite training puppies, preparing your dog for the helper and training a competition tracking dog. I did find them to be very helpful and worthwhile even if a bit expensive. As you can tell my dvds are all sch based, but there are so many others to choose from. If someone just wants a dvd because it sounds good and isnt going to actually put it into practice fully then its an expensive way to get an education but if you are going to use the techniques then they are worth the money. Very well set out, step by step with great examples given ans shown of what to do and what not to do etc.

Have fun with your goodies, shouldnt be too long till you get them, service is quick and they will email you a tracking number for your parcel. :rofl: