Staffords And Scurf

no you made heaps of sense

I have given them chicken frames before, they love them

I'm lucky though as they love EVERY food! Including the offal!

You have given me some great ideas, I feel much less confused

I have tried to read some books and sites before and just end up more confused

Bel

I find that when i have Ice on Advantix flea treatment we have dandraff. So to compensate that i give 1 teaspoon of Cod Liver Oil each night in food. It works.Plus a tin of sardines each week. Check your flea treatment first tho. Good Luck . Sue

Treat the inside as suggested ..

And rather than bath your dog with shampoo and conditioners ( all shampoos are drying and strip the skin and coat of the much needed oils, regardless of what the bottles say ) rinse the dog in a big bucket of warm water ( just warm ) combined with a tablespoon of liquid glycerine and 1/2 a teaspoon of quality eucalyptus oil.

They will smell good , the coats will shine and the scrurf will go.

It's what I use on the black brindle Stafford , if I am showing him two weeks in a row and want to keep the natural shine on the coat.

:thumbsup:

Great thanks guys, I would much prefer natural things so these suggestions are great

They only get bathed once every 6 months or so, but it's the swimming that I think strips it (the chlorine probably, I don't know what type of chemicals they use - it's at dogs in motion

ETA mineral oil and lanolin oil!!! I will have a look at the chemist then

Yep! The original is great for dogs / people with problems as it has nothing else in it! Really good... If you put it on your hands it leaves a coat for a little while and then sinks right in! Doesn't leave you gunky at all... Good stuff!

ETA: Forgot to say most good chemists will sell Keri oil :cry:

Oh I gave them their meat/veg still partially frozen this morning, it was great - it took them 30 seconds to eat it instead of 2 seconds (well maybe an exaggeration but they didn't inhale it for once!!! )

:thumbsup: Good stuff!!! :cry:

Dan

Edited by zayda_asher

Cool... its good for our skin too... I love the smell!!

Well I found out what their mince is made of so that is good, now I have a base to the rest of it

That's good too.. now you can start adding some other meats and stuff... you could even make your own veg glop! :rolleyes:

Dan