Has Anyone Fed Duck To Their Dogs?

Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I could try her on?

Rabbit perhaps, it's quite lean. Does she have any red meat, for iron and zinc and other nutrient goodies?

At the moment she only has lamb flaps, chicken necks, frames (without any fat), chicken and turkey mince and turkey necks and fish. They are all given additives to their meals to ensure they get all the nutrients they need.

I really need something to replace the chicken frames so that she can eat the bones as well or do you think that they are eating enough bones? They all get 1 or 2 chicken necks for breakfast. At the moment she has 2 meals of chicken frames, 2 of turkey necks, 1 x lamb flaps, 1 x chicken or turkey mince (whole bird minced) with liver and vegetables and 1 of fish with liver or trip and vegetables per week. I would like to give them something in the lines of red meat as well, that is why I am asking for suggestions. I know that none of mine like roo.

Edited by Norskgra

• 2 weeks later...

I fed Kari some roo tails last night and she brought them back up. She won't eat the turkey mince. I have given her a bit og duck mince tonight for dinner so it is now a matter of waiting to see if she has a reaction to it.

Edited by Norskgra

She is a real pain to feed. I have to be very careful what I feed her. At least I know she can eat duck mince and she gulped it down she loved it so much.

I would realy love to be able to feed all of mine the same thing but between all of them there is something they either don't like or can't tolerate.Two of my girls, Kari and Tyra are the worst but I am hoping Tyra will be back to eating everything once she has had her pups. I will have to watch Kari for the rest of her life though and be careful when she stays at her breeders.

I hear you Norskgra. My Bob has IBD and eats a very simple bland diet of rabbit, rice and sweet potato and supplements as required. I can't ever give him a commercial treat or different food. My old Tess has liver problems and eats a special liver diet consisiting of fish, rice, zucchini, sweet potato and green beans and supplements. I've always had dogs with 'cast iron guts' before this and seem to spend so much time in the kitchen preparing their food. It's worth it in the long run though when they stay healthy.