Loki Has Gone Haywire

Due to his age and relative simple requirements, I would concentrate on getting his focus slowly working up to complete concentration.

If you do go back to obedience class make sure you are aware of your surroundings ie other dogs. From my experience the class stops frequently as questions are asked. During these times play with Loki, teach him a time out of work, word "cue". When training again starts have a work "cue". Make it fun for him and yourself. Both of your attitudes and confidence need work.

I still reckon, LOL, a person with good experience may help. Some time with someone who can "see" the problems, will have you on the road of enlightment, quick smart. Your timing may need work. I always blame myself for my dogs mistakes first!!!

Erny,

We will see what a good trainer I am, when Yank is released from quarantine.

Heck, I have been advised an excellent trainer can take an average prospect from a rescue /pound situation and have them in competitive agility in six weeks. As they were focused on agility, I wonder if I could do the same with a dog in novice retrieving. I might go for the simpler obtain CD obedience, LOL.

No way, I will be spending my time spinning and giving myself headaches!!!

Edited by Lablover