Schutzhund Videos

Id also like to know what is upsetting about those videos? :)

LL - after your description of the rerieving traning Its obvious that there is more to it than meets the eye.

I think its the same with schutzhund sport. It looks like dogs barking and hanging off a sleave. Its not as easy as it looks.

I hope that some with more experience will be able to provide you with an explanation - just like you gave an explanation about retrieving.

Those retrieveing "retrievers" are amazing :) I just need Lablover sitting next to me to explain the rules.

Thanks for posting the links.

Rusky, Im not sure what your talking about. Do you mean the stick they hit the dog with when its on the arm? If so that's all part of the game as far as the dogs are concerned.

I don't know what you mean by kicked and beaten. :)

Glad to read, some of the retrieving requirements make sense. It is much easier to show people when training or at a trial.

As all dog work fascinates me, I look forward to reading someone with Schutzhund experience explain the tests and the training. I have only spoken to police dog trainers in depth on a couple of occasions, and normally the conversations quickly change to training methods and breeding. LOL.

Again, I repeat myself, a well bred dog, with good nerves, good training whatever the game or serious work is a joy to behold and results in great satisfaction for the handlers and trainers, as well as a happy dog.

LL I also find it fascinating re any dog training.

So can you tell me what diff do the types of bird make? On videos they mentioned what birds will be at each point. isnt a dead bird a dead bird? :) ok smell differently but what makes it special

Id like some explanation of rules as well.

I gather there are tricks about dogs making it there and back and the straightness of line, probably something re handler directin the dog if the dog gets lost. Is there a time mesure involved? Oh and I guess the dog cant eat the bird on the way :)