1 jar of Wheat Germ

1 1/4 cup of veg oil

1 1/4 cup of unflavored molasses

10 eggs

10 pks of unflavored gelatin

Garlic to Taste

1 cup of flaxseed...ground up.

2 scoops of Source/Kelp

Take all dry ingredients and place in a bowl. I crunch up the Sustainl while still in the box, and then pour all the other dry ingredients over it In a another large bowl put the hamburger meat and the wet ingredients. Mix each bowl well, then half each so that it is easier to mix. Mix just like you would a meatloaf I then take it raw, and place in freezer bags and put in the freezer, thaw out a bag as needed. feed raw. I use this not only as a quick weight gain, but as a everyday supplement for my dogs this recipe has been tested and analyzed by several universities and was found to be a total canine diet a dog could live on this without added kibble or any other supplements...this was before I added the Garlic and the Flaxseed and Kelp I have long hair black dogs, and this recipe really keeps their coat black/soft/long since I have...the past 6 months I have had no vet bills...and my dogs coats are wonderful, you need to watch how much you feed it will put weight on a slim dog in a matter of a few days. It will also make an easy keeper fat in just a short period of time. Try it, your dogs will love it!!! One other thing, I have just started to add Kelp to it also, just for the added Iodine, may be good for those dogs that have a lower normal thyroid function. You can make this recipe in what ever amount you need/want by just halving the recipe down to what you want.

Satin Ball Recipe

Cheap hamburger meat [high fat content}

Lg box of Sustain Cereal

Lg box of uncooked oatmeal

1 jar of Wheat Germ

1 1/4 cup of veg oil

1 1/4 cup of unflavored molasses

10 eggs

10 pks of unflavored gelatin

Garlic to Taste

1 cup of flaxseed...ground up.

2 scoops of Source/Kelp

Take all dry ingredients and place in a bowl. I crunch up the Sustainl while still in the box, and then pour all the other dry ingredients over it In a another large bowl put the hamburger meat and the wet ingredients. Mix each bowl well, then half each so that it is easier to mix. Mix just like you would a meatloaf I then take it raw, and place in freezer bags and put in the freezer, thaw out a bag as needed. feed raw. I use this not only as a quick weight gain, but as a everyday supplement for my dogs this recipe has been tested and analyzed by several universities and was found to be a total canine diet a dog could live on this without added kibble or any other supplements...this was before I added the Garlic and the Flaxseed and Kelp I have long hair black dogs, and this recipe really keeps their coat black/soft/long since I have...the past 6 months I have had no vet bills...and my dogs coats are wonderful, you need to watch how much you feed it will put weight on a slim dog in a matter of a few days. It will also make an easy keeper fat in just a short period of time. Try it, your dogs will love it!!! One other thing, I have just started to add Kelp to it also, just for the added Iodine, may be good for those dogs that have a lower normal thyroid function. You can make this recipe in what ever amount you need/want by just halving the recipe down to what you want.

How much meat

This is my version

5kg hamburger mince or Chicken Pet Mince

1 box of Sustain or Just Right-Just Grains

500g Oatmeal

#1 cup of Wheat Germ

1 1/4 cup vegetable oil

#1 1/4 cup of Un-flavored Molasses

10 raw eggs + eggshells

100g of Un-flavored Gelatine

#1 cup of flax seed*

6tsp Powdered Kelp*

3tsp Crushed Garlic*

3tsp Apple Cidar Vinegar*

Add all dry foods together - mix. in another Larger bowl (I bought a HUGE Bucket/Basket thing from The Warehouse - $8), mix all wet foods together including crushed up eggshells. Add Dry foods into the wet container (this is where it gets messy), and mix with fingers. Make into balls, and devide into bags.

Your dog will tell you when he's full. I've never met a dog that is "finished" his food, and is wondering where the rest is? LOL.

Also, you could try "BigDogPetFoods" Weaner food - made especially for Racing Greyhounds who burn up too much energy too quickly. Also good for Mother dogs & weaning puppies:) $2.30/KG in bulk at the Bris Outlet, a bit more expensive at Pet Shops for single 2KG bags. BARF - formula no preservatives.

-WithEverythingIAm

I'm glad this topic popped up again as I am about to make them for the first time. I'll use one of the recipes from this thread. I have read that they are good to freeze , are there any other handy hints when making them or storing them? I'll be using them for two Pugs.

:D

ETA: where would you get unlfavoured molasses? is it the one that you feed horses???? from the produce store?

I'm glad this topic popped up again as I am about to make them for the first time. I'll use one of the recipes from this thread. I have read that they are good to freeze , are there any other handy hints when making them or storing them? I'll be using them for two Pugs.

:(

ETA: where would you get unlfavoured molasses? is it the one that you feed horses???? from the produce store?

Yes the produce store - all natural - my dogs shared like 10L with the horse:) I don't use that much molasses for the dogs:)

I've heard Sultanas & Grapes are bad for dogs, that's why I put Sustain or Just Right Just Grains. Some people still feed sultanas (which are in sustain) to their dogs with no problems, like myself. Usually Sustain or Just Right Just Grains are on special anyway:)

-WithEverythingIAm