Ingrown Eyelash

I have a poodle with the same problem. I get her to lay on her side with her head on my lap with a side lamp tilted on its side so it isn't shining directly into her eyes but so I can see the tiny eyelashes. I use blunt ended tweesers to pluck the eyelashes out.

How I do it is : I put my finger at the bottom of her eyelid and apply a small amount of pressure this pushes the eyelid outward enough to be able to pluck the offending eyelash/s out. Also you can pull the eyelid dowwn and outwards if you are a bit worried. (Always pluck away from the eye in a quick motion like you would do with your own eyebrows). The hand I am using to push the eyelid outwards is also the one I use to restrain her. Although now she is used to the operation and finds it a big relief so is more than happy to lay still while I do it.

Take up the offer of help - if it isn't satisfactory then do the op.

Hi Sr,

I have said before I'm more than willing to come to you and pluck these out for you??? please don't leave this with my Annie she ended up with a little ulcer due to the lash rubbing her eye.. this is when they showed me how to pluck them out.

Please pm me if you would like me to come and do this...

This wold be irritating Kasper and if he scratches eye will only make it worse best to nip in but nnow (so to speak)

Hope to hear from you soon..

Cherio Trace

Edited by Owned by Shelties