Would You Chose A Mobile Franchise

Ittybitty_

Word of mouth is probably the best advertising you can get. If you're in the show ring with beautifully groomed dogs and people know you're a groomer, they'll come to you. A good website with before and after pictures (or just after pictures) would also really help.

I am a little wary of franchises because I know that all it takes to get into one is money, not experience.

I'm lucky I have a short coated dog that needs very little maintenance, so I dont have to worry about professional groomers.

We groom from home & would never go mobile.

We have an enormous breeder based/club based referrel system due to the fact so many groomers can not do the job correctly or able to spend the time to show the people what tools to get & how to use them.

We get people who travel an hr or more simply because they want there dog/s to look like they should,we also get alot of country people who come downe every 8 weeks for the dogs haircuts(these are 4hrs away).

Grooming has become highly in demand but people are no longer willing to let anyone groom there dogs,there are so may wannabes out there that do some crappy jobs after claiming they now how to groom,in schnauzers the number of groomers that trim the beards is crazy,the beard is the age of the dog & takes forever to grow back.

We do alot of work peoples dogs as they can leave them all day & now its air conned & they can run about.

The simple fact is grooming is highly a good business if you now what your doing,we can all get one off clients but what you want are the regulars who will refer you

" would never go mobile" refers to the reason i couldnt work mobile,i like having all my equipment with me,air con/heating for dogs comfort,shower close by for the gross dogs,our grooming room is set up for all dogs all shapes & sizes,the lightening is set up to see all ,the mirror on the wall for finishing touch grooming etc etc.