Caprophagia

~Anne~

What do you feed him on puggles?

You could try adding a glop of non-starchy / suggary veg to bulk up his food without adding weight.

And, as has already been said, some meds stop their digestive system from working properly so enzymes can help too... Digestion often goes pretty quick when we are under stress with any illness!

Dan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you feed him on puggles?

You could try adding a glop of non-starchy / suggary veg to bulk up his food without adding weight.

And, as has already been said, some meds stop their digestive system from working properly so enzymes can help too... Digestion often goes pretty quick when we are under stress with any illness!

Dan

Currently I feed him a mix of (not all at once :o ) assorted veges, beef mince, eggs, sardines, chicken mince, yoghurt, pet milk, apples, pinepapple and kibble. He gets fed twice a day and soemtimes will be offered a snack depending on how he is feeling with his meds (the meds cause nausea at times and eating helps him).

There is a possiblity I guess that is is related to an enzyme deficiency but until the Neuro visit I won't really know.

Papain is a digestive enzyme made from papaya.

Dogsbesotted - can you elaborate. Are you saying that the papain will assist with his absorbtion of enzymes or just assist in digestion non specifically?

I have heard if you feed the dogs paw paw in their diet then they won't eat their poos.

I don't know what it is but my dogs used to eat my cat's poos as well (yuk i know), so did a friend of mine's border collie.

Yep, mine too. His, his brothers and the cats.... and I am sure he'd even eat mine if he could! :o

Currently I feed him a mix of (not all at once :thumbsup: ) assorted veges, beef mince, eggs, sardines, chicken mince, yoghurt, pet milk, apples, pinepapple and kibble. He gets fed twice a day and soemtimes will be offered a snack depending on how he is feeling with his meds (the meds cause nausea at times and eating helps him).

Well it wouldn't be hard to feed him some extra veg, green beans are good, and see if this fills the little blighter up and leave no room for poopies!!

Good luck with him!

Dan