Jumping Up At Kitchen Counters/dining Table

rdr71

maybe try wiping ur benches down with a cleaner or water with eucalyptus oil in it as well to deter from that spot... i havent had any real problems with this behavious my lab did try it but he now understands what no means...

Just a point but do you ever feed your dog whilst you are eating at the table ?

One of the things I tell all my puppy ppl is never ever ever feed the dog from the table. If you want to give them scraps, leave the table and then feed the scraps.

But the water spray is a good one. We just had a pup we bred here for a weeks visit and she would sit at the door and bark, so we just sprayed her to let her know the behaviour was unasseceptable....she is only 4 months old and soon was quiet as soon as she saw the bottle in the hand.

Good luck and persevere - it will be worth it !!

If it was up to my husband I would imagine Sasha would be EATING at the table with us!! :confused: but no, I tihnk i have managed to ensure the Sasha is NEVER fed from the table. Unlike my other half I had a dog all through my childhood so I knew I didnt want that to start happening.

With the water spray, Sashie loves water, so that might be one reason it might not work, but the other one is that I find it hard to spray the water right as she jumps because i am usually doing something else in the room! THats just a logistical problem i need to work out, but I am keen to perservere because I really want her to stop this! I try and keep the counters clean but I guess I could try harder.

Thanks, this post has been really helpful

Ruth