A Hard Goodbye

CassandBel

This is my first time posting to this site and I wish that it was under better circumstances. I have read a lot here and taken away some useful tips.

On the 29th of December I had the hard task of choosing between my two beautiful girls.

Shelb is 11 now and Mi Mi was six and a half. They were the best of friends until about six months ago when the fighting began.

I know all dogs have their grumbles but this was getting too regular. Fights were becoming a daily event and were becoming so fierce and frightening.

I had tried everything even medication. Nothing helped. When walking through a doorway is a trigger for a fight you know its time to step in. My vet could no longer offer solutions and something was just not right.

The last fight went for over five minutes and I knew from then what I had to do.

As Mi jumped playfully into the car she had no idea what I was about to do. As I held her so tightly and hoped it as a dream she slipped away.

It was the hardest decision of my life and its tearing me apart wondering what may have happened if I had just managed it better. Deep down I know I had no other choice but it isn't helping. I just wish there was some other way.

I still have Shelb and she is being spoilt wrotten, a result of my own terrible guilt. I feel so empty and we keep waiting for her to walk back through the door as if she's just been away.

I hope she will forgive me and realise I love her more than anything even after what I have done.

post-19-1136111505.jpg

Edited by CassandBel

CassandBel, welcome to DOL. It is a great place to learn from.

I feel for you in this upsetting time. Don't feel guilty about what you have done, you had tried your best with your girls. Unfortunately it wasn't to be. Mi Mi has a great life with you, but sometimes things happen. Shelb will also be missing Mi Mi and all i can say is love her with everything you have. I'm sure that Mi Mi will always love you and will wait for you at the :laugh:

My mum is at the same crossroad as you, not because of fighting but because our older dog (12yrs) is not well, and he is her "heartdog" and there is nothing that can be done for him, so on Wednesday we will be saying goodbye to him, we all know its for the best even though it will be hard.

ChEeKyAnGeL :eek:

Edited by ChEeKy_AnGeL