Can Anyone Help With Ideas

I am wondering - our screen doors at the front and back are extremely dark wire - you can hardly see thorough them. Im wondering whether this is having a negative effect (as in she cant actually see the people, just hear noises and see a shadow so she has no idea who it is?)

Hi,

My rottie used to have a go through the screen door if they were silly enough to stand there and eyeball him, he simply couldn't see through it. I always took people out to introduce them so that he knew who was around then we would go back inside and he would be fine as he could smell and hear them. I would say that your dog has postraumatic stress as a result of its experience, in the human world we use densitisation so the suggestions here are quite appropriate but will take time.

I am wondering - our screen doors at the front and back are extremely dark wire - you can hardly see thorough them.  Im wondering whether this is having a negative effect (as in she cant actually see the people, just hear noises and see a shadow so she has no idea who it is?)

Hi,

My rottie used to have a go through the screen door if they were silly enough to stand there and eyeball him, he simply couldn't see through it. I always took people out to introduce them so that he knew who was around then we would go back inside and he would be fine as he could smell and hear them. I would say that your dog has postraumatic stress as a result of its experience, in the human world we use densitisation so the suggestions here are quite appropriate but will take time.

Thanks Jaybee

Ive noticed in the last week as she has gotten better - she is still nervous of people coming to the back door which is much darker (especially if the lights arent on outside) so that seems to be reinforcing the idea that the dark door could be a problem.

Glad to know someone else has had this problem too though (and its not just Kirra :mad )

Jen