Halti Or Gentle Leader?

cactus

There were no K9 recommended trainers near me, but the link Gamby posted (Delta Society) had one for a suburb near me. I'm posting off the application and cheque today. Hopefully we can start in January.

A guy down at the dog park who has a pair of great danes as well as another large crossbreed has offered to be at the park with his two male dogs when I take Zara. He will help control her if I need him to, and his dogs are both big enuff and tuff enuff to handle her, and sensible enough to come when called, so he figures that will help her as well. His female dane is only 8 months old and he said she is still too silly (and clumsy!) so he would leave her at home.

Of course we'd have to do it at an unpopular (read: hot) time of day so there would be no risk to anyone else's dogs. I'm probably being completely paranoid, but I'd rather err on the side of caution. I have also bought another halti- more the classic style since I dont really know how to use the other one yet.

cactus

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sas,

I only followed the behavoural therapist's advice for a few days because it was setting us back in our progress.

I've gone back to doing what I was doing those first few days and she has come good again, and Kiki is happier. They both sleep together now, and spend a lot of time together during the day and there are no problems. They aren't best of friends, and Zara still lives in hope of Kiki playing with her, but maybe one day.....

cactus

Sorry, I wasn't referring to DogTech as animal Behaviourists, I was meaning the new one you find.

Oh. Ooops! :)

We went to the park this afternoon, and it went great. REALLY great! I'm not going to bother with another behaviourist- she is doing so well, and a lot quicker than I ever expected, so I'm going to take her to those obedience classes nearby (14 week course) instead. I cant wait :)

I love that pic of Turbo- I'll post a proper one of mum's pup soon (Zorro- I bet she'll wish she chose a different name now the new movie is out!) :)

cactus