Dog Aggression...

Agree also! When most people meet or hear about Loki they nod in sympathy and saw "oh the poor thing he must have been abused." I never thought that to be the case because despite his general anxiety and fear, he never acted like he was afraid I would hurt him, never flinched etc if I raised by hand.

Thanks for the advice, but we know he was bashed. He still sometime's close's his eye's and drops his head when you go to pat his head. One of the trainers told me the first couple of days he had him for training, he had trouble putting on and taking off his collar. He trusts me 100% and i can do anything, be it take the tennis ball off him, take a bone out of his mouth, check his teeth, whatever but we know he was bashed. The original owner's drove up from Sydney with him and when they arrived in Brisbane, they warned my friend ( breeder ) not to remove his muzzle as he was too aggressive and would attack her or her 4 year old daughter. The first thing she did was take off the muzzle and didn't need it again. Also, he would have drunk the whole bucket of water if we hadn't stopped him, so it shows the type of owner's they were......He wasn't used to other dogs or had any obedience training at all............Four weeks after he arrived in Brisbane, i took him on. So i'm real keen to see it through, but it's not easy. A lot of frustration, time and $$$..........I need to ring the current trainer i have used and see if we can improve him when he's out in public. There has been improvement but not enough..............If this trainer doesn't work, i'll almost give up.......