A Question About Dry Food

Cazza

PP - Pet Fare... that's the stuff they give out free samples of at training? If it is, my two loved it, but I certainly didn't enjoy poop patrol the next day! I had dinosaur sized poops to collect. yuk.

Someone posted a link here to petfare so I thought I might give it a go. With the wet food, I split the 5kg container up into 18 bags (270 grams) & dropped them in the freezer. She gets 1 cup of dry food & lamb off cuts/shanks daily & one bag wet food every second day plus egg nog poured over dry food twice a week.

Now my Tilly 2 shoe’s is a fussy little cow & she would like to survive on raw chicken wings & nothing else, but she won’t chew them appropriately so they are out. Bad Tilly :eek:

My old dog would turn in his grave if he knew how pampered this pup is.

With some of the imported products from the US, you're going to struggle to find them. Some you *might* find online or in a "boutique" pet supplies store, and others are only carried by PP and similar franchise stores.

You have to try what suits your budget, and find something that doesn't make your dog sick. But, IMO, you are far better off spending more money on a higher quality food (and having your dog to the vet far less often), than spending the smaller amount on food and having a dog who is often sick or in need of expensive "dentals" b/c their teeth and gums are filthy. :rofl:

BTW - I feed using the BARF philosophy and only use Innova EVO for my tiny dog's breakfast b/c she takes sooo long to eat a RMB. The remainder of my dogs' meals are all raw, all natural, and all home prepared using only human grade foods. But EVO is also made up of the same ingredients and is RAW, not cooked. :laugh:

Wow. This has been really interesting and informative. It's good to know that what matters most is how your dog reacts to the food. I think that no matter what kind of kibble we give him, we aren't going to stop with the chicken bones - he has really nice white teeth. :rofl: