Lure Coursing

QUOTE (Sparty @ 1st Sep 2005 - 07:11 PM)

DOH!! still 1:40 according to travelmate but we hope to be thereĀ 

Ok, so Tim writes that it's 10am - 4pm, while Sparty writes that it's 1.40pm. I'm confusedĀ  And what it Travelmate? I'm guessing that the Pet expo is 10am-4pm and the Lure coursing is on at 1.40pm is that right?

:) sorry i meant to type 1hour & 40min drive from my place

travelmate.com.au has a online map maker gives u a map and drive times from one town to another

I know the Jack Russell Terrier Club of Australia often have "Lure racing" at the local Agricultural shows :rolleyes:

Netti if you're a member of a local breed club with your dogs (or an obedience club), you might want to "start your own" as a demonstration, since the Agi show season is almost starting :)

Edited by Kez

Does anyone know if lure coursing is done in SA ? - never noticed any notices about it in the journal before.

Is it breed specific ?

Also do you guys who do it find that it makes your dogs animal chasers ? (reactive to moving objects). I have a energetic wei whom would probably love doing it but as I live in a rural area I wouldn't want her chasing wildlife/stock (which she doesn't but would like to keep it that way)