Schutzhund Nationals

Is anyone here going to the Schutzhund Nationals next weekend at Horsley Park Showground?

I am planning on going and would love to meet up with anyone else interested. I am not sure what day yet or time, so am open to suggestions at this point!

I want to see the protection! :thumbsup: And some obedience too :) 6am for tracking - well that is WAY too early for me!

At the moment it looks like it will probably be Sunday as I may be working on Saturday.

So maybe I'll see you there myszka?

I thought it was great!

The Mals and Shepherds really did work quite differently.

You could tell which exercises must be more difficult to train.

You could tell when the dogs were really having a good time!

Were you there today malinwar? Did you see me - I was wearing a green raincoat.

This was the first trial I have seen in real life and not video, so I am not sure what the standard usually is, but I thought it looked impressive.

The Belgians were quicker and fierier than than the Sheps. I also would have liked to see some of the other breeds there - maybe an Am Bulldog or Cane Corso or Amstaff would have been really cool!

To me there were 2 stand outs.

One a male belgian that did everything with a speed of light and so ubelivably happy to be there and work. Just coudnt helpt himself, and wanted to jump out of his skin for the handler.

Another was a dog that did everything nicely but it was clear how the dog was trained. It feared the handler.........

It was great to watch it, certainly very impressive.

Malinwar why did you come over to say hello? Yes it was me with Kavik.

myszka - because im a big girl :rolleyes:

lol i wouldnt have known what to say :)

couple of questions if i may? are they seperated into breed groups? can only specific breeds do schutzhund? what are the requirements to start?

the only groups there are is the 3 diferent schutzhund levels,

it depends on the club on the breeds, i havent seen anything apart from shepherds rottys and dobes compete, but maybe at club training they have different breeds?

to start up all you needs is a dog who likes to play with lots of drive,