Heaven Has Another Angel: Jake

dogbesotted

with the deepest sadness and profound grief my beloevd jake was released from his suffering on Moday, a short 6 days after The Divine Miss Sophie.

Jake arrived at my place Australia day weekend 2000. he has been a fighting dog for his first six years and I admit I was relectant to take him on...that is until I met him. Altho battle scared, thin and covered in wounds, this sweet soul gently approached me and placed his head on my lap and snuggled.

Within a short time he was glowing with health and vitality. They say that when an APBT grabs you they donts let go..its true..they grab hold of your heart and dont let go.

Jake shared my life for the past 5.5 years and has been not only a constant delight but a cheerful loving companion. At night, his warm body would snuggle up to me and he would snore gently. Should I move somehow he would follow. he adored people and was loved by all who met him.

he taught me resilience and forgiveness and the importance of being willing to give a new way of life the opportunity to succeed.

A mere three weeks ago he appeared healthy and well....then diagnosed with advanced dilated cardiomyopathy! All spiralled out of control and he became a fading shadow of himself and the enjpyment of life was gone.

My home is now empty, no sound of paws on stairs and verandahs, no sounds of doggy breathing and gentle snores, no warm bodies snuggling up on the sofa, no barks from Miss Sophie in the middle of the night to entice jake to leap up to check what was going on..leaving a warmed spot for Miss Sophie to comandeer, no bright eyes watching my every move.

To quote Vicki Hearne ( dog trainer in a poem she wrote:

All my beautiful Dogs are Dying:

"

Littering the heavens,The new dogs

Start to arise, but the sky must go

Deeply dark before the stars emerge.""

in an essay she also wrote:

""Until he died, he was immortal, and the death of an immortal is an event that changes the world.""

How true, my world is forever changed.

post-19-1121827827.jpg

So sorry for your losses dogbesotted, two so close must be so hard to bear. Many good wishes and kind thoughts coming your way.

RIP together at the bridge The Divine Miss Sophie and Jake

:rofl: oh Dogbesotted, to lose both your heart-hounds in one week, we can only offer our hugs and know what you are going through :D

I like to believe they check in on us, until we meet them again at the bridge.

hugs and empathy from fifi, danny & hounds.

post-19-1121833833.jpg

I knew I would cry if I had to read about Jake again - but I also knew you would write something beautiful, as you did with the Divine Miss Sophie. :rofl:

It sounds like you gave Jake the best of the best for his last 5 and a half years - how wonderful it must have been for him the day you came into his life.

Although their soft bodies have left this life - listen carefully and I bet you can still hear the sound of paws on the stairs and soft doggy breath. They will always be with you.

Jen

How terrible sad to lose both so close together.... my heart goes out to you.

I hope your lovely angels who are now up there watching over you, send another precious creature your way, to shower with love.

Edited by Ci

Oh Geez Dogbesotted :D

I'm so sorry to hear of Jake passing - particularly so close to the Divine Miss Sophie. I really do wonder how much our hearts are meant to bear at times :D

Huge :rofl: and :D from us to you

RIP Jake :rofl:

Guest cloverfdch

I am terribly sorry to hear of your losses :vomit:. Run free Jake and Miss Sophie :rofl:.

My thoughts are with you.