Favorite Dog Charity?

6 hours ago, sandgrubber said:

I've been looking for charities to name in my will.  I think I found a winner in the dog charity category.  In my value system, prevention and treatment of cancer ranks above rescues.

https://www.ccralliance.org/

What's your favorite?

That looks like an excellent charity SG,   there is also the dog cancer research labs at University of Qld

a couple of linkies   here   and here

Edited by Boronia
  • Like 1

Gosh that's a hard one Sandgrubber! I have been supporting dog (and  other types of) rescues for a long time now and there are so many doing good work and in need. But things change and allegiances have to shift at times. I've quietly parted ways with a couple over the years who I felt have lost their way. I must confess I have never looked into supporting a research. I'm starting to lean more towards wildlife care/refuges at the moment, particularly wombats and bats, as they are having a hard time of it.

You would need to keep things up to date because charity directors change and so might the values.

Charity Navigator www.charitynavigator.org may not have animal charities but may give you an idea of what to look for.

Edited by Mairead
  • Like 1