Is Dog Foods GST Free In Au?

Human grade meat is tax free.

If it's in the dog food chiller fridge and the pet food aisle it will have GST included

Edited by Boronia
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, RobertSB said:

I am also looking for ways to save on dog foods, I was just wondering if there are some dog foods which are GST free? Any suggestions please 

Also, how do you usually calculate the GST for such products? like we have to do it manually or the store owner does it upfront?

11 hours ago, RobertSB said:

Also, how do you usually calculate the GST for such products? like we have to do it manually or the store owner does it upfront?

go to Google (or whatever search engine you are using) and search for 'gst explained in simple terms'

There is a very old topic here that may be helpful

Edited by Boronia

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Hi everyone,

Just following up on my earlier question about Australian GST. While I was actively researching, I came across a really helpful website with detailed information on GST in Australia.

According to the The SmartGSTCalc, you don't necessarily need to register for GST upfront. Instead, you need to meet a specific turnover threshold of AUD 75,000 per year. This website also offers a dedicated tool for calculating your GST liability.

This information was beneficial for me, so I wanted to share it with the community!

Edited by RobertSB

15 hours ago, RobertSB said:

Hi everyone,

Just following up on my earlier question about Australian GST. While I was actively researching, I came across a really helpful website with detailed information on GST in Australia.

According to the The SmartGSTCalc, you don't necessarily need to register for GST upfront. Instead, you need to meet a specific turnover threshold of AUD 75,000 per year. This website also offers a dedicated tool for calculating your GST liability.

This information was beneficial for me, so I wanted to share it with the community!

What has this to do with Dogs ?????:confused::confused::sleep:

• Like 2