Moreton Council in QLD Unlawfully Destroyed Dogs

Redsonic

Legal advice has shown that some Moreton Bay Regional Council Officers were acting unlawfully when they impounded and euthanased dogs and fined their owners.

You'd be very pissed if it happened to you...

ABC News

• Sad 3

Appalling but not surprising. Goes with the ad hoc nature of ranger training mentioned by tdierikx in the Coroner thread. With council elections approaching the episode on lobbying "Fighting for the Horses |D.C. Trips" (32 min) by Horse Plus Humane Society www.horseplushumanesociety.org a private operation based in Tennessee could be useful. They went in person to Washington D.C. to meet with as many people as they could. I found it very educational, though different in some areas than here. For example, here personal letters/emails carry more weight than petitions, whereas another group they were working with was presenting 'signature boards' with just signatures not even addresses of the people.

They had booklets and posters to hand out, film clips and examples of the weights and chains used in the 'Big Lick' competitions for Tennessee Walking horses that they are trying to ban.

Edited by Mairead
  • Like 1

I'd be worried about coming forward if I had a dog (especially a declared dog) in any part of Queensland after they pushed through their "Stronger Dog Laws" state legislation a few weeks back. Under that new legislation, actions that those council rangers did that were illegal back then, are now legal. You can only imagine what could happen to anyone who has a declared dog of a non-pedigreed bull breed background, as it can now be declared a "pitbull" and ordered to be caged or destroyed - even if the dog has never been any trouble to anyone.

T.

• Sad 1