Why Do Dogs Eat Grass ? And When Is It Unsafe?

Deeds

Our poor dogs don't often see grass- small plants/shrubs grow in the paddocks here- not grass- and any grass that does pop up in the house yard as weeds, the rabbits get! They do enjoy it when it rains and there is soft grass  to nibble though :)

I've had a few grass eaters and they only eat specific grass and it has to be tall and whispy stuff, not the mowed lawn type. I've seen them  snuffle around looking for the type they are after.

• Like 1

Mine love wheat grass. I have some planted in their herb grazing garden and under the lemon tree. We regularly mow the lawn to keep snakes away, and the dogs miss grazing, and as LG said, they like a certain type :banghead: :rofl:

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

There is only some truth to the article, yes dogs often eat grass because they like it, our dogs will stop in certain places just to eat the grass when we’re out walking, however they most definitely eat grass when feeling unwell in the stomach, so that part of the article is rubbish clearly these scientists haven’t lived with dogs and if they have it hasn’t been many.

Edited by Rascalmyshadow
  • Like 2