Dogs Off Leash in Public Streets

It's definitely frustrating to see people walking their dogs off-leash, especially when it poses a risk to other pets and people. Responsible pet ownership includes keeping dogs leashed in public areas to prevent potential conflicts and ensure everyone's safety. It's concerning that certain dogs, like the cattle dog and Golden Retrievers in your neighborhood, are allowed to roam without leashes, potentially endangering others. Reporting these incidents to local animal control or the Rangers can help address the issue and promote safer community practices.

Funny that this topic is current… I had a memory pop up on FB that’s kinda relevant.

I was watching my son play rugby with my occasionally reactive rescued American Bulldog (RIP :rainbowbridge:) on lead (council recreation area so leads required anyway). We were sitting well away from everyone and my boy was happy, relaxed and comfortable.

Next thing, he’s literally attacked by an off lead bull breed dog who roared in his face and then attached herself to his jowls (pierced straight through it was later discovered).  Her f-wit owner was screaming that my dog attacked his, despite the fact that my boy didn’t even get up from where he was laying at my feet).

Luckily I had witnesses and the idiot was reminded in no uncertain terms that his dog was off lead (in an on-lead area) and was the aggressor.  They advised the f-wit (rather bluntly) that the dog be removed from the situation or the council and police would be called about the aggressive dog.

My poor boy was (despite his very large physical size) quite rattled after the event but soon recovered from his woes with generous gifts of steak, hamburgers and snags from the club BBQ. :laugh:  He earned many brownie points that day because of his level head and sensible attitude.