Doggie facts 101

persephone

Author unknown .... 

DOGGIE FACTS 101
1) There is no such thing as a teacup Poodle. There are 3 sizes: toy, miniature, & standard.
2) There is no such thing as a teacup Chihuahua. There are 2 varieties: smooth & long coat. 
3) There is no such thing as a teacup Yorkie. The breed standard is 7 lbs. max. If it's larger than that, it's simply a bigger Yorkie.
4) There is no such thing as a teacup or mini Pomeranian. Its a toy breed with a standard of 3-7 lbs. It's a Pomeranian. Period.
5) There is no such thing as a teacup anything, except for a teacup-- which you drink tea out of.
6) There is no breed standard haircut for a Labradoodle or a Goldendoodle as they are mixed breed dogs. So if a breeder or Cindy Lou Who down the street who owns one tells you how your Doodle is "supposed" to be trimmed,
that's a load. It's "supposed" to be trimmed however each particular owner wants it to be. This is also true for Bernadoodles, Sheepadoodles, Aussiedoodles, & anything else that ends in doodle, with the exception of Cheese doodle. That is another topic altogether.
7) If you own a Lhasa Apso, please know how to spell & pronounce it. It is not an Apsa Lapsa, a Lapsa Apsa, a Lopsy Assa, an Oompa Loompa, or a Lollapalooza.
 You do not own a Chinese Crescent. A crescent is a moon shape or a Pillsbury roll. The Chinese Crested derives its name from the hair on its head called a crest. The feet/leg hair are called socks, & the tail, a plume.
9) You do not own a rare black Maltese. Snow white is preferable, but lemon or light tan ears are permissible. If you think you have a black Maltese, then I also want to see your pet unicorn.
10) There are 2 things that don't happen overnight (or even the week of your vacation while Aunt Betty & Uncle Joe are pet sitting your pooch): bad matting & raptor toenails. Just suck it up & admit you've been lax about brushing your dog & taking care of its nails. Any other excuse (unless you've been hospitalized or in a coma), & I guarantee your groomer will have an invisible cartoon bubble over her/his head of themselves rolling on the floor with laughter

:rofl:

• Haha 6

11 hours ago, persephone said:

Author unknown .... 

:rofl:

Omg. I can so relate to some of those. 

No teacup mini schnauzers also. !!! 

And yes, don’t I now know about Lhasa Apsos. Although I could definitely think of other names !!!

And as for bad matting. I will be talking to the Lhasa Apsos owners as that did not occur on my watch!!!