Baits at Cannon Hill Qld 4170

Boronia

This was on the Westie FB page

Hello lovely Animal Wellness supporters. I'm one of the vet nurses with a note for residents in postcode 4170 - pls be aware 2 homes in Dorothea St, Cannon Hill have had dog baits thrown into their yards. The baits are ball shaped, wrapped in like a mesh or stocking and inside looks like bean bag beans. The baits contain strychnine. A highly toxic poison that kills in 20 mins. Pls check your yards and keep on eye on anything your dog seems to be chewing. I have sent an email to local vet clinics today. Will put a post up at Richmond Rd dog park soon. These people generally move on in a few weeks. Its a very sad thing. Pls be diligent.

and...

Animal Wellness

18 hrs

Following on from my earlier post re: dog baits in 4170. OMG. This is horrific. I've been busy all night with private messages. Someone walking their dog inDorothea St, Cannon Hill found 3 dead birds. A number of messages regarding break & entering on homes and residents finding the bean bag balls on their deck, in their yard, etc. It seems to be an organised crime. It appears the grubs are baiting dogs, killing them in 20 mins then break & entering homes. 97.3Fm and 4KQ have asked for interviews on morning radio tomorrow to alert Brisbane residents. The local police have asked for an interview and information from residents affected. Absolutely sick circumstances. Lets hope the post on Animal Wellness can get out there and protect our furry friends and catch these people.

Edited by Boronia
  • Sad 2