How to own a pomeranian puppy

Kimmycup

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this has been discussed or if I have posted on the right page (Apologies if I this is not the right page). 
Me and my partner would like to own a pomeranian but is unsure of the process involved. We would like to purchase/adopt a puppy from a registered breeder(we are located in VIC).
It would be great if someone could let us know:

1. What would be the rough cost of a puppy?  (so we could be prepared, I've heard stories that the breeder would not tell you the price and would expect you to put down a non-refundable deposit first)

2. What should we be doing when we contact a breeder to ensure we are the right fit for their pom pups? 

3. What are the year to year cost of owning a pomeranian in Australia?

4. Can anyone recommend a good breeder in VIC or other states that are willing transport their pups interstate?

Thanks guys!!

Thank you!

On 08/04/2018 at 10:55 AM, persephone said:

Welcome to DOL .
there is a lot of information here ..and many helpful people :) 
i will just give you some links to click on , to read , for starters :)- as I am not a breeder of poms  or anything ...
This was from 2016, but still has some relevant bits  :)  CLICK HERE

If anyone has any more info, please let me know :) 

You need to contact breeders,all breeders tell you the price ,as to deposits that’s a breeder to breeder thing ,we don’t do deposits .

You shouldn’t do anything to make sure your the right fit for that breeder .

If you have researched the breed,understand the breed and committed to brushing you are headed down the right path .

Year to year cost depends on you ,how much you chose to spend ,if you are a responsible owner who raises there puppy correctly etc you should have a healthy ,enjoyable Pom which live to a good age .

You can waste plenty of money on non necessities.

But you would need to factor food,groomers fee if you aren’t prepared to brush ,basic vet bills more if you create issues less if you follow or talk with your breeder