Best indoor/balcony dog loo for medium sized dog ?

persephone

scenario. 
owner & middle aged dog(bitch) moving into upstairs dwelling .owner works . Dog is pretty laid back , and gets excellent care . Will be very close to dog friendly green spaces the dog knows already .
is there something on which a medium sized dog won't have to stand on one leg ?..dog loo will probably be only used in emergency . Ease of cleanliness & aesthetics also important I think...

I'm in a third floor apartment and my dog was an adult when we moved here. Honestly I just take him out first thing, when I get home from work and usually a bit later in the evening too and he just toilets then. I just have structured feed and walk times and we haven't had a problem - it also means he generally gets more time out on lead and at the park so I reckon he's happy. He's almost 11 fwiw. 

My sister got a pup in her ninth floor apartment and she has a proper pet loo and trained him onto that and to go outside as well - it seems to be easier to train dogs onto pee pads stuck on the floor with the desired surface over it and then onto something with the surface. As in training them onto the surface and a step up seems to be too much in one step. 

• Like 1