Transport from SA to Sydney, hard?

juice

Definitely not hard to do, have done it many times.

When I am sending puppies to Sydney I do not use dog transporters I just deal direct with Virgin airlines, ring and make a booking through them and it cuts out the middle man.

I know of two Frenchie puppies flown from Sydney last Thursday to Adelaide they flew together as they are only 11 weeks old, but the people just hired the crate, Virgin do not sell or hire the crates but they told my friend who sent the puppies to hire the crate through Jet Pets, I use this company when shipping internationally they are excellent, when you arrive or the puppy's breeder arrives at the Adelaide airport the crate is already there.

The cost of hire of the crate plus the freight on the two puppies was $148, that was just last Thursday. 

Thankyou M ! the pup is only going to be 8 weeks, but big breed, Harley has offered to help , i think the breeder is close to airport so they may offer to drop him . 

Do i have to ring a particular number for Virgin? freight? price is not as bad as i thought, is it a long flight for them?

M , just spoke to virgin and they quoted $ 201 without crate hire, and then i rang jetpets who quoted $153 with a crate! wonder what carrier they use, not virgin i assume.

Edited by juice

Juice it depends on the weight of the puppy + crate, the two Frenchie babies would have only weighed, the two of them together, about 5kg,

With what Jet pets have quoted I would go with them.

We have to use Virgin as Qantas do not freight Bracchy breeds, or they didn't, may have changed their policy, but you could not go wrong by using Jet pets they are a very caring puppy freight people to deal with.

If they live close to the airport I am sure that they would be happy to take the puppy to the freight section whichever airline they use.

Best of luck with your new baby.

It has been my pleasure Juice, just so glad that you have found your puppy, well now a puppy:), as I saw that you were looking for perhaps an older one, it will be great to be able to watch the baby grow.

Of course we need pictures.:)

Yes Ming , it was your link that did it ! And only one male brindle black scuffer in litter all others were girls or blue . Now just working out logistics and getting a bit scared tbh . 

Years of fostering and just adding another to a big pack I never batted an eyelid . But after losing all but one of mine recently it's made me overthink it . 

I know the chances of meeting a stag pup in the flesh in Sydney is highly unlikely and if I want one it will be like this .

not helping that my kids hate the look of stags and really wanted a BT pup . 

• Like 1

Scrappi flew to us as a 12wk old from WA via Australian Air Express. Went well, I can't remember the price but it was a discount because it was part of the adoption fee. If I needed to fly a dog again I would consider them. I thought it was Jet Pets until I just double checked, Jet Pets also looks really good.

Edited by Scrappi&Monty

32 minutes ago, juice said:

not helping that my kids hate the look of stags and really wanted a BT pup

They'll get over it when they see him in the adorable flesh, keeping in mind too that he'll probably be with you longer than they'll be living at home (most likely!) :laugh:

Can't wait to meet this gorgeous scruffer :love:

• Like 1

thanks, i have sent them an enquiry, jepets so far have given the best price with crate hire.

And Harley has offered to help and look at him for me, the wonderful DOLERS again!

Edited by juice
  • Like 3

Mooreholme came back with quote $5 less than jet pets . Breeder always uses jetpets he said . 

He has offered to drop him at airport for me and is sending me a video of him , only have a few blurry  pics to go on atm. He isn't due to go till 11th anyway .