Dogs And The Melbourne Botanic Gardens

Two Best Dogs!

A bit of a general query I expect I'll answer myself very soon

I know they're to be on lead, and in my past visits it seems the nearly all of other dog walkers obey this. Barring two irresponsible people on each a separate occasion (way to make all dog owners look bad, you dipshits) but one of them got caught out by a ?ranger? (good).

I know the children's garden/play area is strictly no dogs. As with the gift shop and inside of the cafes. Fair enough.

I was wondering if dogs are allowed in the Tropical Glasshouse? I couldn't find anything online and nobody answered the phone.

and if there are any particularly scenic places in the gardens people would like to suggest as well? I'm thinking many sniffing opportunities, many photo opportunities and perhaps might even take her to a quiet city street if she seems up for it.

I haven't taken my dog inside the glasshouse bc I thought they weren't allowed.

The whole back section (away from the river) is generally quieter and more heavily planted. She may find walking the tan stressful as there are so many people, dogs and cars nearby. Maybe a sit for a photo in front of the governor's house? I've got a photo somewhere of max and I in front of the shrine and it's lovely :)

I haven't taken my dog inside the glasshouse bc I thought they weren't allowed.

The whole back section (away from the river) is generally quieter and more heavily planted. She may find walking the tan stressful as there are so many people, dogs and cars nearby. Maybe a sit for a photo in front of the governor's house? I've got a photo somewhere of max and I in front of the shrine and it's lovely :)

I'll be playing it a lot by ear! My thinking is, since she can handle bunnings and the crowded pet market well enough (edgy at start then quietly curious), the botanic gardens and edges of the city should be feasible :) but we would be going off or crossing the tan most time.

Gardens also so big I might spread it out over a few days so we don't get tired? I really like looking at plants and small ecosystems and will be sad to miss something.

Circling governers house on our map...

I forgot my map... (may have gone around in circles a bit)

I would say we did about 2/3 of the botanic gardens in about 2.5 hours. I plan to split it up over a few days anyway, also want to check out the Queens gardens, alexandra gardens, shrine etc.

We did the glasshouse last, which I'm glad for because it was really muggy and squishy in there! Lots of cool plants and pools with fish in them. I'm glad dogs can go into it.

tumblr_ofufannjXU1qh8fino1_540.jpg

A lovely variety of dogs in the park from fat little pugs to old old cavs to doodles and poodles to what looked identical to a fat JRT...only the size of a labrador! All very well behaved :)