Looking For Pembroke Welsh Corgi Breeders

Jess_lee

Hello,

Next year my family are planning to get a Pembroke Welsh Corgi but we can't seem to find any breeders around Melbourne. We went to many pet shops (petbarn and small businesses) in Melbourne but still haven't found any breeders. We're not looking for a show dog just a companion for the family. Looking for a breeder preferably in Victoria but we're also considering interstates.

If you can help us please me email privately or reply to my post.

Thank you,

Jess_lee

Edited by Jess_lee

I used to show and breed Pembroke Corgis many years ago and even then there was this lady in Victoria who bred the most beautiful dogs, she is still breeding them and she is listed on the breeders listing here on DOL, look for the kennel name Dygae.

I used to show and breed Pembroke Corgis many years ago and even then there was this lady in Victoria who bred the most beautiful dogs, she is still breeding them and she is listed on the breeders listing here on DOL, look for the kennel name Dygae.

Thank you!!

I'll try contacting her :)

Second that from the ones I've seen.

And there is a breed club, which seems as though it's pretty active. It would be worth contacting them.

Corgi Club of Victoria. Good luck .. they are super little dogs. There are a couple of great breeders down here in Tasmania too. :)

Thank you :)

Could you please tell me more about the breeders in Tasmania?

Edited by Jess_lee

If your based in Melbourne they have a big show weekend at the end of this month in Lancefield ,the working dog club champ would be a good show to see breeders and in the past the Tassie breeders often come over

Shows Sun and Mon of Cup Weekend are actually at Goonawarra Reserve, Rolling Meadows off Lancefield Rd Sunbury. Sunday is Working Dogs only but most exhibitors come for the weekend, Mon is Vic Womens All Breeds Ch Show

And Tuesday is the Cup Day show at Sunbury, biggest single show in Vic I believe, held at Rec Reserve Riddell Rd Sunbury

Should be some Corgis there although not many seem to be bred these days

Second that from the ones I've seen.

And there is a breed club, which seems as though it's pretty active. It would be worth contacting them.

Corgi Club of Victoria. Good luck .. they are super little dogs. There are a couple of great breeders down here in Tasmania too. :)

Thank you :)

Could you please tell me more about the breeders in Tasmania?

Agree with checking out Lancefield show weekend. Not sure if there'll be Tasmanians there this year .. I know a couple went to SA recently for a big specialty.

Not sure if anyone in Tasmania is likely to have puppies in the relatively near future, but you could enquire. Will send you a private message. :)

If your based in Melbourne they have a big show weekend at the end of this month in Lancefield ,the working dog club champ would be a good show to see breeders and in the past the Tassie breeders often come over

Shows Sun and Mon of Cup Weekend are actually at Goonawarra Reserve, Rolling Meadows off Lancefield Rd Sunbury. Sunday is Working Dogs only but most exhibitors come for the weekend, Mon is Vic Womens All Breeds Ch Show

And Tuesday is the Cup Day show at Sunbury, biggest single show in Vic I believe, held at Rec Reserve Riddell Rd Sunbury

Oh no,there are lots and lots being bred. Whether they are being bred by good, registered breeders is the question.

Oh no,there are lots and lots being bred. Whether they are being bred by good, registered breeders is the question.

Well where are they? I know someone who has been looking for over a year and he is happy to take any about now whether its a good registered breeder or not.

Thanks for letting me know.

Should I call and ask if she's planning a litter next year?

Thank you for the advice I'll try researching about up coming events. :)

I would call Diane and get onto her waiting list, as I am sure that she does have enquiries all the time for her puppies.

Seeing as you do not want a baby until next year it would be good to contact her now.

I would call Diane and get onto her waiting list, as I am sure that she does have enquiries all the time for her puppies.

Seeing as you do not want a baby until next year it would be good to contact her now.

Yeah, good idea!

I've emailed her but she didn't reply....

Thanks!

Yeah, good idea!

I've emailed her but she didn't reply....

Thanks!

Yes, do call. I've noticed that some breeders aren't very tech-savvy and/or much prefer phone calls.