Dog Run Fencing Panels

Guest crazydoglady99

Guest crazydoglady99

Hey brains trust, there's probably 400million threads about this - but if there's a search function I can't see it on my phone!

Question about dog fencing - who sells the best ones? Am after something say 5x5 or so.

I like the look of the ones at petpanels.com.au they are $$$ though.

They aren't actually to contain a dog. Its to create a run for my chooks who normally free range. But next year we are moving house, so the chickens will free range again and the fencing will be used to fence off garden beds.

Hit me with your expertise!! (Please and thank you)

Hey brains trust, there's probably 400million threads about this - but if there's a search function I can't see it on my phone!

Question about dog fencing - who sells the best ones? Am after something say 5x5 or so.

I like the look of the ones at petpanels.com.au they are $$$ though.

They aren't actually to contain a dog. Its to create a run for my chooks who normally free range. But next year we are moving house, so the chickens will free range again and the fencing will be used to fence off garden beds.

Hit me with your expertise!! (Please and thank you)

Bunnings sell high walled dog containers (fences). If your chooks are free ranging though, you don't need much to keep them out of the garden. It is only when they are inside wanting to get out, that they are likely to fly over the fence...not the other way round. The fence around my garden is only 90cm high. If I have trouble with a particular chook, then I cut the feathers on one wing. The only time I have a chook fly into my garden is if it goes to roost in a fruit tree next to the fence, then in the morning it accidently flys onto the wrong side of the fence.

Guest crazydoglady99

Thanks Sheena!

Wow that's amazing - 90cm keeps them out!! Mine are all bantam hens, and can all fly.

They can perch on my 2m colourbond fencing! Cheeky rascals!

When the fencing becomes garden perimeter I am planning to enclose the roof - so need something reasonably high - or I might have to crawl into the garden lol. Sorry I should have mentioned that.

I did look at bunnings but didn't find anything. Maybe tbey are special order at my nearest store - will have to check their website.

Produce stores sell 6ft chicken wire...all you need to do then is sink some posts in the ground. Or you could use 3 ft chicken wire, double layer. We used to have bantams & they would roost high up in the tops of the gum trees :)

Most comprehensive ideas for poultry/garden fencing are on the backyard poultry forum. Everything from poultry-electric-fencing to cheaper temporary options using poly-pipe framework.

We plan to use some 3 metre sections of reinforcing mesh around some of the orchard area, not too expensive from steel yards like Abbotts (in Bendigo), fixed to tall steel drop-posts or star pickets (name is optional) and top with bird netting or chicken wire, so walk-in height. To keep ducks in, animals out, but allow bees easy access.

Bunnings animal enclosure sections are a new (to them) style, the ones I bought a year or two ago were chain-mesh netting, now they are fixed squares more like reo, better looking.