Australian Cattle Dog Breeders Nsw

rhamilton

Hi

We recently adopted a pure breed Blue Heeler from the pound in ACT. We were told that she originally came from a breeder in Newcastle NSW. Her DOB is 5/05/2015. Any information would be appreciated on how to track them down. A picture of her is attached.

Thanks

post-54672-0-18327300-1460330931_thumb.jpg

If you call Dogs NSW which is the regulatory body for pedigree dogs in NSW they might be able to give you the prefix of the breeder or at least know who it was.

The companion animals register is only a database for councils to check if the dog is registered with local authorities in case your pup gets lost which would need to be updated to your details if the pound haven't done so.

--Lhok

If you call Dogs NSW which is the regulatory body for pedigree dogs in NSW they might be able to give you the prefix of the breeder or at least know who it was.

The companion animals register is only a database for councils to check if the dog is registered with local authorities in case your pup gets lost which would need to be updated to your details if the pound haven't done so.

--Lhok

Thank you. I will try that.

Guest crazydoglady99

Hey - please remove your dogs microchip from the thread. I might be paranoid - but this is a public forum so I'd hate for it to be used in any way against you.

Good luck!

I had found a site that you could look up the microchip number and it told you what register it was in. I had to do a stat Dec to update my rehomed dogs details to me. After sending it in, I emailed and explained to the registry what had happened with the dog and that I would like to let her breeder know she's ended up in a good forever home and very politely asked them if they might have contact details for the breeder, but they didn't, they only had the original owners details.

The other option if people don't want to give you details is to ask if they would mind passing your details on. Doesn't guarantee contact but is a place to start.

I've just had a brainwave for my dog. I tried the Qld society and they had nothing on her but she may have come from NSW. Remembering a prior thread I think NSW register in owner name from the start, whereas Qld breeder registers and transfers to the owner (at least that seemed to be a common comment). Maybe I'll just spam all the state bodies LOL